GM OEM wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Suburban, My Escalade.. Factory wheels. 4 bent rims this winter. Yes, east coast pot holes suck. My 20" Suburban wheels OEM wheels are stamped Made in China. Not sure where the Escalade wheels are made, but whatever. factory GM wheels do not hold up to pot holes.

Luckily the tires are not damaged, but the rims do bend upon impact.

Are there aftermarket solutions that look OEM?
I like the stock look, but I need something stronger than OEM aluminum.
FWIW, these are chrome GM wheels.

Never had this problem on my 17" Denali wheels. The lower profile seems to make it worse.

Any OEM looking solutions out there?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Suburban, My Escalade.. Factory wheels. 4 bent rims this winter. Yes, east coast pot holes suck. My 20" Suburban wheels OEM wheels are stamped Made in China. Not sure where the Escalade wheels are made, but whatever. factory GM wheels do not hold up to pot holes.

Luckily the tires are not damaged, but the rims do bend upon impact.

Are there aftermarket solutions that look OEM?
I like the stock look, but I need something stronger than OEM aluminum.
FWIW, these are chrome GM wheels.

Never had this problem on my 17" Denali wheels. The lower profile seems to make it worse.

Any OEM looking solutions out there?

The wheels are identified by an RPO code or CK numbers or part numbers or a four digit industry standard that starts with 4, 5 or 8, but most start with the number 5.

You can go to GMPartsDirect, put in your VIN and on the accessories tab click on the wheels to see what is still available which is also what was available. You can also look through old brochures.

I've liked the look of some chrome clad wheels we had on another vehicle but over the years managed to damage 3 of them. Haven't replaced any of my 5296/N88s and she sees city driving and off-road driving too.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow,

You have bent up factory wheels! I to this day have yet to bend a factory wheel. Aluminum or what have you. I’ve bent twisted and broke in half aftermarket wheels and Replica rims. I’ll leave the brand names out of this topic.

Please don’t quote me on this but make sure these rims you have that are stock wheels actually have the GM stamp on the inside of the wheel. What you mentioned seems as to me as if you have “looking stock” wheels but are replicas.

I’ve lived in NYC, Upstate NY, DC Metro, Boston (baseball team sucks) lol, and CT many a year and can understand potholes. Northeast has craptastic roads.

Live in the Lehigh Valley now in PA, and the roads here are horrible as well. 22 has nothing but craters now in the middle of the road. Your playing Jenga when you switch lanes now, hit a hole or luck out n miss.

Paul
5trmtpr

OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe me, these are GM OEM wheels. I brought the vehicles new. Factory chrome wheels on LTZ's, Escalades.. whatever..

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe me, these are GM OEM wheels. I brought the vehicles new. Factory chrome wheels on LTZ's, Escalades.. whatever..
Make sure they are OEM wheels. The dealership I work at has put aftermarket wheels on brand new Tahoes and Suburbans before they are put on the lot.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re bending factory wheels, you’re going to bend most aftermarket wheels faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos