GM Extended Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boatguy

Reaction score
Just saw this news from yesterday about GM offering 5yr/60k warranty as an option. No set prices but range $1k-2K.

How would that be better than the GMEPP Platinum that you can get for under $3k to cover 7yr/100k?

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/10/15/gm-factory-extended-warranty-chevy-gmc-buick-cadillac/
Good to know. So $1-2k to extend the bumper to bumper to match the power train warranty? I’ve never bought extended warranties before, but these cars are sooooo loaded with tech that isn’t cheap to fix.

I bought the wife a new loaded Honda earlier this year. Did some shopping and found a 8 yr/120k mile Honda Care warranty online from an East Coast dealer for under $1100. Our dealer wanted $2000 for the same policy. You had to buy the warranty before 6k miles to get that pricing. Don’t know if something like that applies to GM, but I’m at 5100 miles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hound_dog

Reaction score
I called a PA dealer that sells GMEPP warranties at a good price and they said you have to get the warranty before 12k miles (and within 1 year too) to get the lowest price. You can still get it later but it costs more. I'd love a 8yr/120k warr for $1100 !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick