GM Stops Selling 3.0L Duramax Diesel Due To Supplier Shortage:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ben98gs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well, we'll know they're full of guano if mine goes on the line next week...

I think yours will go on line next week.

We placed our 2022 order for RST 2WD 3.0L diesel (w/luxury package and sunroof) on 10/10. Original TPW was in Nov. but kept getting pushed until most recent TPW of 1/10. We just got confirmation on Thurs. that it is officially built/at status code 4150. Current estimated delivery date is 2/1, but we will see…

nfarios

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Tahoe showed up at the dealer randomly on Fri and I picked her up yesterday. My order was placed on 9/24/21. It didn’t go in to production until Dec and sat at the Midlothian storage lot for a few weeks. RST/Luxury Package/D-max/4 WD/Sunroof/Max Trailering Package. Be patient is all I can say!
FBEEA678-1F9E-434E-B97E-D2EDE8730CC9.jpeg

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
I’m about to go get my $1,000 back and find a dealership with allocation that will order their damn customer’s truck instead of filling their parking lot. I will have to wait again for the diesel to become available.

Tahoe210SA

Reaction score
I think yours will go on line next week.

We placed our 2022 order for RST 2WD 3.0L diesel (w/luxury package and sunroof) on 10/10. Original TPW was in Nov. but kept getting pushed until most recent TPW of 1/10. We just got confirmation on Thurs. that it is officially built/at status code 4150. Current estimated delivery date is 2/1, but we will see…
May I ask where you live?

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
I am told by the dealership that now the diesel and technology such as the rear entertainment etc. are all on constraint. This vehicle should be in my driveway by now, but now can’t even be ordered.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
My Tahoe showed up at the dealer randomly on Fri and I picked her up yesterday. My order was placed on 9/24/21. It didn’t go in to production until Dec and sat at the Midlothian storage lot for a few weeks. RST/Luxury Package/D-max/4 WD/Sunroof/Max Trailering Package. Be patient is all I can say!
View attachment 360790

This is a nice looking vehicle! Love the blacked out badging. Congrats!

I just ordered a Yukon Denali Dmax last week, gonna be a long wait…

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am told by the dealership that now the diesel and technology such as the rear entertainment etc. are all on constraint. This vehicle should be in my driveway by now, but now can’t even be ordered.
Maybe this is helpful, dunno. I got lucky and found my Duramax at a dealer only 50 miles away. I used the Chevy website. I went on the website for tahoe and did an inventory search. After a few tries, I deleted all search parameters except diesel. I picked a ZIP Code in the center of the USA and set the radius for 2,000 miles. I found dozens. I then started contacting dealerships that were not adding $5k or more to sticker price, still more than a few. I stumbled on the one nearby priced at sticker because I had eliminated the 2WD search parameter. It turns out getting the 4WD was OK for this region, used it in the snow yesterday, not really necessary, but nice anyway. Otherwise the package was exactly what I had wanted.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne