GM Stops Selling 3.0L Duramax Diesel Due To Supplier Shortage:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
I’m gonna be a diesel if it ever gets ordered. It’s accepted, wonder if that means they will save the last diesel for me .

Anh L

Reaction score
Dealer offers switching to gas to speedup process, but I am staying with diesel
It will be my second diesel. My current 2014 diesel Merc ML work great and start with first button push even in -40oC/-40oF

badreau

Reaction score
I check with dealer today: no progress :oops: and they say Diesel is in constraint
Just wondering: my status is " Order Request Accepted by GM" but Event Code is still 1000. Anyone has the same situation ?

View attachment 360311
From what I have learned and read, code 1000 just means the dealer entered a valid build into their workbench software. It hasn’t been submitted by the dealer to GM yet. You may want to follow up with your dealer. Once they submit it will go to 1100, but will sit there until they have allocation and constraints are removed.

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
Hello, sorry i missed your last email I am just now getting back from having covid, i just asked my new car manger about your order, and i was just made aware that GM motors has put a constraint on some of the technology that you want on your Yukon specifically until i believe the end of this month or beginning of next month, they have however given the option to de content and get it a couple months sooner so that is an option aswell. If you have any questions about what specifically is on constraint please feel free to ask.
This pisses me off, two months and it’s never been ordered. I bet they have plenty of their own ordered and on the lot to sell, at least the day they arrive.

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
Dealer offers switching to gas to speedup process, but I am staying with diesel
It will be my second diesel. My current 2014 diesel Merc ML work great and start with first button push even in -40oC/-40oF
I would not touch one of those gas motors, they are falling apart now…..

Jtpmedic

Reaction score
This ****** me off, two months and it’s never been ordered. I bet they have plenty of their own ordered and on the lot to sell, at least the day they arrive.
well, we'll know they're full of guano if mine goes on the line next week...

Anh L

Reaction score
From what I have learned and read, code 1000 just means the dealer entered a valid build into their workbench software. It hasn’t been submitted by the dealer to GM yet. You may want to follow up with your dealer. Once they submit it will go to 1100, but will sit there until they have allocation and constraints are removed.
Totally agree about code 1000
However you can see the description in this screen shot: " Order request accepted by GM Nov 17, 2021" and even " Requested TPW Dec 13, 2021" - That's why I am confused .

Ps: maybe the reason is I am using GM Family program ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout