Getting a new to me 2023, Have a couple questions..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirty30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone.. Im looking to see how everyone is liking their 21+ Yukons?? I have a 16 Yukon XL Denali and im buying a 2023 Yukon XL Denali this weekend. It has 15K miles. And wanted to see if there's anything to look for? Anything to stay I top of, etc? What's everyone doing for rear entertainment? So weird they dont have TVs anymore. Im not wanting to give my Kidds an iPad to look at during our road trips, so any recommendations would be great.. Also are you guys purchasing extended warranties for these? Any common issues??
Thanks

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
I take it you haven't seen the Engine and Drivetrain subforum? :)

I have a 2022 Denali with the 6.2 and have roughly 37k miles and it's been issue free. Enjoy your new rig!

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take it you haven't seen the Engine and Drivetrain subforum? :)

I have a 2022 Denali with the 6.2 and have roughly 37k miles and it's been issue free. Enjoy your new rig!

Why immediately scare a person? :)) I also have a 6.2 Denali 2022. And the mileage is 70K Kilometers. No problems, but I check the oil every week))

gatorintx

Reaction score
Hey everyone.. Im looking to see how everyone is liking their 21+ Yukons?? I have a 16 Yukon XL Denali and im buying a 2023 Yukon XL Denali this weekend. It has 15K miles. And wanted to see if there's anything to look for? Anything to stay I top of, etc? What's everyone doing for rear entertainment? So weird they dont have TVs anymore. Im not wanting to give my Kidds an iPad to look at during our road trips, so any recommendations would be great.. Also are you guys purchasing extended warranties for these? Any common issues??
Thanks
I'm guessing the rig you're buying doesn't have the rear seat entertainment screens. That's what I use for my kids in the second row - iPad hooked up through the HDMI port. Third row kid gets an iPad.

I get the whole limiting screen time thing. We do that normally. But when we're on a 7 hour road trip, I don't care. They can have all the screens and snacks they want. It's a vacation, after all. With headphones so my wife and I can talk and listen to our own music.

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Write into the contract a warranty it doesn't use a quart of oil between changes. When these units are good, people don't get rid of them, especially a year old.

You don't say what engine, but could be using oil or could have had one bank of valve springs replaced before GM changed the policy to replace both banks.

OP
OP
Dirty30

Dirty30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Write into the contract a warranty it doesn't use a quart of oil between changes. When these units are good, people don't get rid of them, especially a year old.

You don't say what engine, but could be using oil or could have had one bank of valve springs replaced before GM changed the policy to replace both banks.
Its the 6.2. I take it these use oil? Its already in the driveway. Did a 500 mile trip to get it so it will be a good time to check to see if oil is low. I did check before we left dealership.

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the 6.2. I take it these use oil? Its already in the driveway. Did a 500 mile trip to get it so it will be a good time to check to see if oil is low. I did check before we left dealership.
I haven't really heard of oil consumption on the gassers. My diesel uses a quart between oil changes - since new. If I were you , especially if your state has buyer's remorse laws, I would demand evidence of lifter spring repairs, or lack thereof. If it has had only one side done, you need to decide if it's worth it to deal with the second bank failing and having to take it in.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothin like a shoot first and aim later type of deal.

Good luck with your purchase OP; There is plenty of information available on this forum for the model year Yukon XL Denali you just purchased. Do yourself a favor and spend a little time searching and browsing the forum here and soak it up.

Joe Butcher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks
Hi, I have a 23 LS, I have had some great fuel mileage! (5.3L) When we shop we often put some of our groceries on the 2nd row floor. On a sharp turn we had a melon roll and cave-in the door speaker! Looking on the web I found some with all 4 door speaker grills broken in some way. Having owned a Tahoe since 95 I used the roof rack often. You will find the new design difficult to use..too high and NO lash points with the embedded rails . It is overall serving my purpose well, great ride, but I miss my old ones! Joe

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 23 XL with 10K on it. No issues, great vehicles. Enjoy your ride!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667