Get rid of smells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I did something in my Tahoe I realize a lot of people may not know about... I got rid of an odor.

For those of us that drive PPV/SSV Tahoes, old puke or wet dog is almost impossible to get rid of. Typically we cover up the smell the best we can, but I'm about to drop a knowledge bomb on anyone that didn't know about this tool...

Last week I repainted my center console. Thanks to the Michigan temperatures, it took forever to dry, and most of the off gassing occurred after it was reinstalled. A week later, and my Tahoe wreaked of paint fumes.

Today I ran my ozone generator, and the Tahoe smells fresh, with no hint of paint fumes. My neighbor borrowed it last month to use in his Subaru after a fish cooler spilled in the trunk - not a trace anymore of odor.

You put this thing in the truck, close up the truck, and let it run for two hours. I'll then let the truck air out overnight in the garage, and there's nothing but a fresh, chlorinated water smell in the truck until it completely airs out. The original odor (whatever it was) is consistently 100% gone.

This is the model I bought:

Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator 6,000mg Industrial O3 Air Purifier Deodorizer Sterilizer (6,000mg - Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JAP7388/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RMxhCbYSZFYKF

Just a PSA for those of us with stinky vehicles!

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Former cop vehicles typically have in them the remnants of a metric ton of all manner of human bodily fluids. :eek:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I use this in u teenage son's room is all I want to know..both are athletes and have brought their locker rooms home.. my truck already smells great inside..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
shreksbrother

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I use this in u teenage son's room is all I want to know..both are athletes and have brought their locker rooms home.. my truck already smells great inside..

I've never tried it in the house, but it says it'll work... Just no pets or humans in there while it's going.

Of course, you need to eliminate the source of the odor, as well, but I'm sure you want to keep your sons [emoji1787]

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My SSV (Park Ranger) was already civilianized when I bought it and it doesn't have any biological issues that I can detect. Maybe there's a dead beaver or something behind the dash but I can't smell it if there is.

Either way, thanks for the link...I didn't even know those things existed. Cheap enough gadget to get and have just in case you ever need it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yes just plug it in and let it run for several hours, just vacate the room while it runs it wont kill you but they say to stay out of the space while runs. it creates ozone so it's not healthy to just sit there and breath it in

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the best investments I've made. Cleared the cig odors from a pre-owned vehicle, cat urine odor from a utility room, and musty smell from basement...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne