Get da water!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need body work done, I AM KEEPING IT BLACK, be NO OTHER COLOR for the truck.
I did buy a gun from harbor freight. I was going to use it to paint my DD and the motor. Ended up rattle canning both.

Came out bitching :)

My motor is only 4 coats deep have another 4 to go. Sad part is might have re-do the front timing cover b/c of my cam choice. I need to more research and less developing :(

IMAG0617.jpg
IMAG0618.jpg
IMAG0619.jpg
IMAG0620.jpg
IMAG0621.jpg
IMAG0623.jpg
IMAG0624.jpg
IMAG0625.jpg
IMAG0626.jpg
IMAG0613.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

The pic of it painted is after the first light coat.

took me about 4-5 hours to clean and strip the motor. Having it also fall didn't help either :(

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally Found my L92 Intake...
Ordered a LS9 Cam, Sprocket, and timing cover
Also ordered a pushrod length checker. I'll post parts numbers and pics later...Once the push rod check is here then I can order the correct push rods and then finally start assembling the motor!

Next is transmission which is getting a Trans-go HD2 Shift kit, new pan and filter. Painting it purple...it is time to swap!

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he cant change his mind this time, he already sold the 5.7 and i took his tranny and transfer case out last week- i guess you could say he is balls deep

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he cant change his mind this time, he already sold the 5.7 and i took his tranny and transfer case out last week- i guess you could say he is balls deep

Well look who came out of the wood work. My build has been put on hold b/c I to sell a POS to buy a POS ; ) Wait and few days finding the POS to buy with a few trips to Queens! Need to update your signature papi!

Yes my drive train has been sold it is just an empty bay.

Really, I ordered my LS9 Cam, Sprocket, Bolts, & LS2 Timing Cover on April 4th from GMPartsdirect.com on April 4th. Still have not received it b/c they are awaiting on a bolt to complete my order. I have had great success with them over the years but this is the first time I did not receive an order from them with in 7 business of ordering.

I really don't know how to go about this thread...think once the motor is assembled I will post pics of it. Then the break down with parts are inside as well as part numbers. Why I went with those parts. Sound good?

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JUST GOT THE EMAIL I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!

Finally after 2 weeks my LS9 Cam and components have been shipped! Looks Like I will start assembly this week! WOOP WOOP

Here is just a list no part #'s (possible might grow-eek):

6.0/2wd 4L80e with harness, computer,& MAF out of a 00 Chevy 2500 Series P/U that has 111k on it

Complete Engine Gasket Kit with ARP Head Studs, Harmonic ARP Bolt, and OEM Thick MLS Head Gasket

New Melling Oil Pump

New Water Pump (06 Sierra b/c needed the waterneck a certain way)

New Cam Sensor

New LS2 Timing Chain

New Coolant Sensor

Reman Starter

Starter Heat Shield Wrap

A/C Delco Plugs

Schoenfeld Conversion Headers

Grade 8 Locking Header Bolts

LexTech A/C Pulley Kit http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-truck-conversions/40231-lextechs-c-bracket-kit.html

Reman A/C Compressor

Motor Mount Conversion Plates

New PRC CNC'D L92 heads

Used L92 Intake with all the goodies on it

90mm Drive By Cable (DBC) Throttle Body***90mm FAST TB would not work with my L92 Intake (not seal on bottom) Told to get the Edelbrock 90mm since it has more material and will work BUT I scored a barely Used FAST 92mm TB for less then a New Edelbrock 90mm TB. SO FAST 92mm TB is the one I am going with

Used Underdrive Crank Pulley

Like New Radiator from an 05 Sierra

Like New E-Fans from an 06 (Paid $350 for both fans and radiator...seller thru in 160 t-stat not sure if I am going to use)

New LS9 Cam, LS9 Sprocket, LS9 front timing cover and sensor

Pushrod Length Checker

New 7.400" Hardened Pushrods

New LS7 Lifters

New Comp Cams LS HD Rocker Arm Bearing Assemblies

New OEM L92 Rockers and Guide Plates

411 PCM

***Fuel***
I have modified the stock LS Fuel Rail with a AN fitting...so therefore I will not need a Corvette Fuel Filter
AN Fitting Part Numbers ARE

Here are the Summit Part Numbers to refresh your memory and the Part# for 6ft. of line.

SUM-240606BP PREMIUM BLK NYLON HOSE -6/6FT Quantity: 1

RUS-640850 EFI TO 6 AN FITTING Quantity: 1

RUS-640860 FUEL RAIL TO -6AN Quantity: 1

FRA-491971-BL O-RING SEAL FITTING BLK Quantity: 1

EAR-9894DBHERL FEMALE 14MM X 1.5 SAGINAW Quantity: 1

SUM-220690B -6 STRAIGHT BLACK HOSE END Quantity: 4

****Transmission****
1) New Transgo HD2 Shift kit
2) TRU-COOL MAX 47391 TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER BY LONG Heavy Duty without Bypass Kit
I choose not to get the bypass kit, here in NY will never be that cold IMO and I like the fact that the cooler my fluid is the better off I am since HEAT KILLS Trannies!
3) New 2wd Actuator
4) New Tranny Filter and Gasket
5) Deep Pan
******* Converter...not sure which one to go with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99bluetahoe said:
Taken from Lingenfelter's Website:

The LS9 camshaft is a 3 bolt design and will use the Lingenfelter 3 bolt cam conversion kit if you are installing it in a single bolt application like the 2007 – 2010 LS2 or LS3. If you are installing it in an earlier LS1 or LS6 engine with the cam sensor at the back of the engine you will need a 2005 LS2 front cover, 2005 1x cam sprocket, camshaft extension harness, 2005 LS2 chain dampner.

You won't need the chain dampener because your block wont have the bolt holes for it and you can just extend the cam sensor harness yourself easily.

GmPartsDirect Pricing and Part numbers:

LS9 Cam - 12638427 - $97.93
LS2 Timing Cover Kit (includes cover, sensor, bolts, gaskets, etc) - PK12600325 - $123.60
LS2 3 bolt 4x cam sprocket - 12586481 - $14.62
Shipping: (expensive) $60.22
Total: $296.37

For $400 you can get a custom cam spec'd to your setup. I think there is a guy on PT.net (patrick G something) that specs cam for $25. A lot of people use him and then send the specs to anyone of the many sponsors that do custom cams.
http://guerragroup.com/camshaft_help.htm

I got problems...I ordered the complete kit

I got the CAM sensor Part number 12596851
The cam sensor feels loose when I put in into the front of the timing cover(shouldnt it be a snug with out tightening it down?). I went over to GM dealership with the VIN from 2011 ZR1 with and LS9 for a cam sensor (part number 1259685) they looked completely different. Once I bought it $68 it was mine to keep not even return for store credit) so I held off. The kit. SO I NEED THE CORRECT part number for the CAM sensor that will work with the kit. I will attempt to contact GMPARTSdirect.com (only thru e-mail) about my situation. ANY help would be awesome!

ALSO have a CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR part# 10485432 that just does not work at all. What is the correct one?

Just pissed money out the door. I ordered a decent amount of parts at one time kinda of lost track. :(

One more rant TSP "DELUXE Engine Gasket Kit" DOES NOT INCLUDE: Oil Pan Gakset, Rear Main Seal (GM Part Number 12633578), & Rear Main seal Gasket (GM Part Number 89060436). If your building an engine shouldn't this be mandatory?

Pics none the less...

Progress...none the less...Oil Pan Gasket is one, ls9 cam is in, timing chain, sprocket in, oil pump, rear main seal, and gasket...cleaned the oil pan and tube out.

IMAG0713.gif
IMAG0715.jpg
IMAG0714.jpg

I tried questioning the parts guy at GM who was really helpful gave me GMS (special silicone for the oil pan for free). Honestly at the point where I just want it done. He says not something he is to familiar about.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got all the new sensors in...did soem more work on the motor!

Got the new sprocket in as well as the correct cam position sensor...Also installed the new off set rockers b/c I went witht he L92 heads...TSP 7.4 Hardened pushrods put the crank pulley back on. New Knock Sensors, Harness and gaskets are in as well.

I was going to bolt in the new valve cover gaksets BUT the driver's side went in fine but the driver's does not fit with the off set rockers...need to order new valve covers and gaskets for the L92 heads.

All I need as of right now...

L92 Valve Covers and Gaksets
NEW Coolant Bypass (X looking metal pipe that hooks up to each corner of the head) even though these are L92 Heads...my Coolant Bypass from 00 will work!

Not sure if I am going to send out the intake and TB to be ported...my budget (which is long gone) is started to dry up...

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not just buy a valve cover spacer for the one side? itll save a few bucks

Spacer will not help...valve cover bolts on the RH/PS do not line up.

L92 Heads came on all 2007 GM based Vehicles with 6.2L Motor

I punched in the 2008 (just be sure) Cadillac Escalade ESV

Valve Cover LH/DS GM Part# 12570427
Valve Cover RH/PS GM Part# 12582224

****These Part numbers include the Valve Cover, Gakset and Bolts :)

I ordered the Valve Covers from www.Number1GMParts.com
There item price is a little more the GMPartsdirect.com but their shipping is alot cheaper so it actually came out to $15 less the GMPartsdirect.com
can also call them which is cool 1-561-686-4434 or 1-888-890-1760

Coolant Plug GM Part# 12553191
Air Bleeder Hose GM Part# 12570528
2 Clamps for the Hose Gm Part# 25526358
I got this from local dealer b/c Shipping kills the deal by far!

Also got
Coolant By Pass Pipe GM Part# 12604711
(Got from Number1 b/c shipping made it cheaper!)

Gasket for the Pipe GM Part# 12551933 x4
*****I got these via Dorman ( Dorman Part # 56390)instead 4 for 6 bucks and they look exactly the same thru Advanced Auto Parts

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe