Get a catch can before any mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobsFreeland

Old wild land firefighter
Reaction score
Just ordered one. I too am going down the same path, cam ,trunnion, oil pump etc and noticed oil coming out of intake. Iamdub pointed me to the cc. Your confirmation is all I needed. Thanks

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s the deal with the updated valve cover? After reading this some I think a catch can will be in my near future

The vent hole underneath is in a different location which is supposed to reduce oil blowing into the PVC baffle.

Pic courtesy of @donjetman

Yukon VCs.jpg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the deal with the updated valve cover? After reading this some I think a catch can will be in my near future
Here is the old style valve cover next to the new style valve cover. You can see that the old style had the vent hole right above where the lifter is and the slash would go up and then out the PVC . Also the drain hole at the opposite end was smallish and could clog up and allow more oil that splashed up over the lifer to be sucked out the PVC. The new version of the valve cover repositioned the hole and had some splash guards to help keep the the oil out. The drain hole at the opposite end was still a little small so I increased the size to 7/64 to allow for better draining. I hope the pictures help 2013 Tahoe new valve cover PVC drain enlarged to five thirty seconds.jpg2013 Tahoe new valve cover std PVC drain  size seven sixty fourths.jpg2013 Tahoe old style on 07 and new style on 13_LI.jpg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the old style valve cover next to the new style valve cover. You can see that the old style had the vent hole right above where the lifter is and the slash would go up and then out the PVC . Also the drain hole at the opposite end was smallish and could clog up and allow more oil that splashed up over the lifer to be sucked out the PVC. The new version of the valve cover repositioned the hole and had some splash guards to help keep the the oil out. The drain hole at the opposite end was still a little small so I increased the size to 7/64 to allow for better draining. I hope the pictures help View attachment 393218View attachment 393219View attachment 393220
Even still with the new cover W/mods I did install a CC and get a couple of oz's of oil drained off when I change the oil.
Moroso can after 2.jpgMoroso CC dump.jpgMoroso CC finished.jpgMoroso inst 1.jpg

exzelz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I completed my camshaft and roller rockers upgrade and when I had the engine apart, I too found a good amount of oil in my intake manifold and a good amount of carbon build up on my cylinder heads. After researching this site and following several threads, I decided to install an oil catch can system. After determining my mount location this mod really did take only 20-30 minutes to complete. Completed the install yesterday. We'll see how this thing works. Thanks again to all who make this site the "go to" site that it is.

View attachment 230746
I just bought that a catch can and I want to install it in that same spot. Is that a custom made bracket or did you buy it pre-made?

If it is custom do you remember its dimensions?

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought that a catch can and I want to install it in that same spot. Is that a custom made bracket or did you buy it pre-made?

If it is custom do you remember its dimensions?
It is the stock bracket that came with the Moroso can, fits perfect.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of installing a Moroso CC on my 2013 ( good quality name brand, affordable ), I selected the brake booster location as well mainly because less vibration in that area. I will complete the install in a few days but I have included a couple of pictures to show you what it looks like so far.View attachment 267900 View attachment 267901 View attachment 267902
I Finished the Moroso CC install and wanted to include the pictures of the install. I routed the lines around the back of the engine cowl so they woud be more out of the wayView attachment 268068 View attachment 268068 View attachment 268069 View attachment 268069
Moroso CC finished 2.jpg