Get a catch can before any mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I completed my camshaft and roller rockers upgrade and when I had the engine apart, I too found a good amount of oil in my intake manifold and a good amount of carbon build up on my cylinder heads. After researching this site and following several threads, I decided to install an oil catch can system. After determining my mount location this mod really did take only 20-30 minutes to complete. Completed the install yesterday. We'll see how this thing works. Thanks again to all who make this site the "go to" site that it is.

20190916_085220_resized.jpg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a genuine GM VC# 12570427 on mine, from amazon for $111.
The TSB says to install valve cover # 12570427 on 07-08, and valve cover # 12642655 on 09 and later engines ONLY. There is a *NOTE* stating "These rocker covers are for specific years. The PCV orifice is different for each. The correct cover must be used or an SES light may set". There is a lot more scary info in it. I suggest you read it thoroughly.

I know this is an old post but I am wondering if anybody here had actually had this issue with the SES light coming on with the wrong valve cover????? @rdhogg

B2sdad

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I completed my camshaft and roller rockers upgrade and when I had the engine apart, I too found a good amount of oil in my intake manifold and a good amount of carbon build up on my cylinder heads. After researching this site and following several threads, I decided to install an oil catch can system. After determining my mount location this mod really did take only 20-30 minutes to complete. Completed the install yesterday. We'll see how this thing works. Thanks again to all who make this site the "go to" site that it is.

View attachment 230746

I am in the market for CC as well, going to need to mount it on the booster as well, no room to mount down by the alternator. which one did you go with if you don't mind me asking? Install looked great by the way.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for CC as well, going to need to mount it on the booster as well, no room to mount down by the alternator. which one did you go with if you don't mind me asking? Install looked great by the way.
I am in the process of installing a Moroso CC on my 2013 ( good quality name brand, affordable ), I selected the brake booster location as well mainly because less vibration in that area. I will complete the install in a few days but I have included a couple of pictures to show you what it looks like so far.Moroso inst 1.jpg Moroso inst 2.jpg Moroso inst 3.jpg
I Finished the Moroso CC install and wanted to include the pictures of the install. I routed the lines around the back of the engine cowl so they woud be more out of the wayView attachment 268068 View attachment 268068 View attachment 268069 View attachment 268069

Last edited:

B2sdad

Reaction score

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old post but I am wondering if anybody here had actually had this issue with the SES light coming on with the wrong valve cover????? @rdhogg

To answer my own question here, I have the '09 and up cover installed on my '07 and "so far, so good...."

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with the SPEEDWOW catch can. Very good quality with all the components with the exception of the attachment bracket. I used a stainless steel "L" shape bracket I bought at Lowes. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S4H2TFC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic