gas door not releasing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spring or whatever the mechanism is does not work and the gas door is now setting inside the door opening instead of flush with the body. And I need to use something thin to pry it open.

Never had an issue with this before and was wondering if anyone has had this happen?
If so, do you have a part number or schematic on what part failed? Did a search and found very little info and a partial print.

Thanks

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Hong has a spring on it to open when you pull the handle inside. Sounds like you need a new one. Look on Rock Auto. You can get just the frame with hinge and spring. I’d think one of your hinges broke and slipped into its pocket.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The spring or whatever the mechanism is does not work and the gas door is now setting inside the door opening instead of flush with the body. And I need to use something thin to pry it open.

Never had an issue with this before and was wondering if anyone has had this happen?
If so, do you have a part number or schematic on what part failed? Did a search and found very little info and a partial print.

Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-GM-20912532-Fuel-Spring/dp/B00GV8S4BC

Depress 2 tabs and pull the old one out... pop new one in and enjoy.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Hong has a spring on it to open when you pull the handle inside. Sounds like you need a new one. Look on Rock Auto. You can get just the frame with hinge and spring. I’d think one of your hinges broke and slipped into its pocket.

Thanks man, I appreciate the info. Though I'm not sure what a "Hong" is :)

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-GM-20912532-Fuel-Spring/dp/B00GV8S4BC

Depress 2 tabs and pull the old one out... pop new one in and enjoy.

That's it? I wasn't expecting it to look like that.
Cool, thanks a bunch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99

Latest posts