Full audio signal ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
factory stereo non-bose amp behind glove 02 tahoe

Need to get a full audio signal for my high/low box so i can run it into my dsp. When running out of the factory amp to the h/l box it lacks lows like 150 and under which does no good for the sub out on my dsp. the factory sub out im already using for another high/low box for another sub amp. tried splitting those rca but only half box is hooked up because only 1 set of sub wires from factory, but it doesnt sound right when i split it that many times. if i understand right on the back of the head unit its already low level running into factory amp then amplified crossed over and cut off. can i go to the back of the head unit with a hi/low box? that should give me full signal is that right? if there already low level on the back of the factory headunit could i not solder rca cables on to them?

thanks for any info

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your line output converter could be like one I have, filters bass, hard. It should be full range both in and out of that amp. If you want to avoid it, you could use the signal off the back of the radio but I believe it's high level.

OP
OP
rocketfish0477
Reaction score
maybe ill try a diff line conv. i guess my question is: running out of the back of the (factory) headunit is that a full power signal or a low level signal? because essentually thats the input for the factory amp. and also out of the factory amp does it crossover/cutoff the lower frequecies so it doesnt try to pump 80hz to a 6 in door speaker.
thanks

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe ill try a diff line conv. i guess my question is: running out of the back of the (factory) headunit is that a full power signal or a low level signal? because essentually thats the input for the factory amp. and also out of the factory amp does it crossover/cutoff the lower frequecies so it doesnt try to pump 80hz to a 6 in door speaker.
thanks

That is the factory input, and I believe it's high level. I don't think the factory amp is high passed, but I could be mistaken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable