Fuel Reserve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

72ranger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 04 Yukon SLT 4X4. We have ran out of gas 2 times since we've purchased it in Feb. The light comes on and with in 2 miles it starts cutting out and dies. Now I know the solution is to not let it get that low.... But the fact of the matter is there should be some reserve that will allow you to get to a gas station before running out of gas.

I had the cluster replaced/refurbished right after I bought the vehicle. Could the cluster be the issue or is this normal for this vehicle? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shane

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine comes on when I have a good 6 gallons left. Just fill it up more. I try not to let mine get past half. Better on your pump too

Shelbya

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
doesn't sound like a cluster issue, sounds like the float in the tank to me. you could drop the tank, check the float and arm for smooth operation or replace. a painfull process

mike1944

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that the guys on corvetteforum swear by Chevron with Techron.

They claim that the sulfur (or something) clogs up older senders and the Techron loosens it up.

Worth a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
808JAM