Fuel Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thdrill

Reaction score
Ok, maybe I am just having a brain freeze or am just fighting an inanimate object and losing but I am having difficulty with the seemingly simple task of replacing the fuel filter. Basically questioning whether the bracket holding the filter on has to be removed as it appears to be connected to other piping. Additionally how are you removing the filter from the "plug" in side without using the special tool.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a bolt on each side of the fuel filter remove those than slide the filter out, theres no need to remove the plastic bracket, when you pull the fuel lines out gas will spill so watch out

OP
OP
T

thdrill

Reaction score
OK that explains the bracket, and the bolt on the back end of the filter. Still confused about how to disconnect the front aspect of the filter from the flexible fuel line.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will take two open end wrenchs one on the filter and one on the line itself, while holding the filter wrench twist the fuel line one it should come loose feel free to call me 909 809 8242 thanks Daniel

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "special" tool you need you can pick up for like 5 bucks in the plastic form from most auto parts stores... Just buy it lol

::GM Fuel line disconnect tool is what you are lookin for::

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the plastic c clips, I just did my filter and it had bolts ******** first year truck

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the plastic c clips, I just did my filter and it had bolts ******** first year truck

I just did mine too. It had bolts. I also unscrewed the bracket but I couldn't pull it off. I couldn't tell if it was connected to the other lines or if they were under the bracket. Anyway, I removed the lines and pushed the filter out of the bracket.

thdrill, what year and model is it? Flex fuel? These things will help us help you.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
ahhh yes, i have an 04 flexy fuel beast... DO NOT buy those universal disconect tools from the auto store, they do not work on these, i promise.... there is a better tool which is made just for these... i did my fuel filter about 4-5 months ago with no problems (except that ******* plastic bracket, GD POS)

this is what you need... after i got this, it took me about 10 minutes to disconnect.

http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-35000-Fuel-Filter-Disconnect/dp/B000K1IVV4/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_1

OP
OP
T

thdrill

Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions...just trying to figure this out the right way. Got a universal adapter, do I try to fit the adapter under the fuel line (which it doesn't look like it would) or does it apply over the fuel line? Guess this would be easier for me if I had a maintenance manual, next purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog