fuel filter change @ dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small town locally owned oil change place charges $65 if I supply fuel filter, plus they do the carfax reporting so adds to the warranty performance. Trying to remember if the 65 dollar price is only if combined with an oil change or is a stand-alone price. My getting old sucks.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luckly for me, the 3.0 and the 6.6 take the same fuel filter. The problem with dealers is MSRP for the filter is $69.38, you can get the same OEM Filter for $20-$30 in the open market. If you buy them in bulk for $17.88 a piece delivered if you have a friendly dealer that will work with you. The hourly rate at my local dealer is $199 an hour. If I went to the dealer it would be, $199 + 69.38 + tax + shop fees, which is almost $300.

martinajm

Reaction score
A lot of dealers use oil changes as sort of a loss leader to get you in the door.
I think that "loss leader" is a bit of an exaggeration, as I am sure that they are not actually losing money - it is still $100 for the diesel. However, it is pretty competetive with the open market which gets you in the door...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts