Front tire lean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently noticed that the tops of my front tires lean in, is this normal for the NNBS suspension? Before the new tires, it was more pronounced but seems less with the new tires. I plan on setting up an alignment check because I noticed the most extreme inside edge of my front tires were worn more than the rest of the tread. Just was curious how much negative camber we are supposed to have. The Tahoe doesn't pull and it tracks straight when I let go of the wheel. Steering still seems tight. I just do not want to be bullsh*tted when I go in.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have enough camber that you can see. It's obviously too much since the tires are wearing unevenly. An alignment is needed, but can't be properly done if you have worn bushings and/or ball joints.

OP
OP
Kenny D

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll find out as soon as I schedule an appointment what I will be ordering from Rock auto.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed ours has a lot of negative camber, too. We do have the Beltech 2/3 drop, but spindles shouldn't have done that. I'm thinking the ball joints are just worn, even though they feel pretty good when trying to wobble the tire. I think the tie rods are about due, so plan to R&R the control arms and tie rods soon.

Definitely report back your results from the alignment shop. I'm interested to hear what happened.

OP
OP
Kenny D

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have enough camber that you can see. It's obviously too much since the tires are wearing unevenly. An alignment is needed, but can't be properly done if you have worn bushings and/or ball joints.
In your sig pic, your front tires appear to lean in at the top too. This is what I am talking about. I will try and get a picture today to show you what I mean. It isn't as noticeable now since the new tires.

OP
OP
Kenny D

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed ours has a lot of negative camber, too. We do have the Beltech 2/3 drop, but spindles shouldn't have done that. I'm thinking the ball joints are just worn, even though they feel pretty good when trying to wobble the tire. I think the tie rods are about due, so plan to R&R the control arms and tie rods soon.

Definitely report back your results from the alignment shop. I'm interested to hear what happened.
I will let you know but it may be a few weeks, I got a busy schedule for the next couple weeks.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In your sig pic, your front tires appear to lean in at the top too. This is what I am talking about. I will try and get a picture today to show you what I mean. It isn't as noticeable now since the new tires.

It's really difficult to tell by sight because there's not much other than the fender opening to compare to, and that extends outward the further up from the bottom it goes. Comparing to the rear is about the best way to tell by sight, but you said the inner shoulders were noticeably more worn so there's a definite problem.

I scrolled up to reference my sig pic and it's just a "broken attachment" box now. :wtf:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14