Front tire lean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneofFew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check for worn out bushings, ball joints and hub bearing. I just had a case where excessive camber was caused by a worn out wheel bearing. If you are not mechanically inclined, bring it to a reputable front end shop. I would prefer a mechanic with ASAE cert for steering/suspension or years of experience and ask for a before and after alignment print out. No printer? No hire.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was just there yesterday. ???

I've noticed Doubelieve's sig pic is gone as well. There may be others. Maybe it's a Photobucket thing? I don't recall if I loaded mine with PB or not. I should upload a current pic, anyway.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've noticed Doubelieve's sig pic is gone as well. There may be others. Maybe it's a Photobucket thing? I don't recall if I loaded mine with PB or not. I should upload a current pic, anyway.
There's a bunch of guys sig pics that are just red X's now so something happened. Not sure where they were hosted but Photobucket has been gone a long time now.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a bunch of guys sig pics that are just red X's now so something happened. Not sure where they were hosted but Photobucket has been gone a long time now.

I know PB has been down for a long time, but thought maybe those particular links weren't broken when they gave us the middle finger. Speaking of, y'all see PB is trying to come back by offering really cheap (still not 'free') storage space?

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ck for anything worn as said before, the neg. camber is not correct, may drive a bit better but will kill tires. Finding a GOOD tech at a alignment shop is the key...way to many parts replacers

Jibee

Reaction score
My front driver wheel kept falling out of alignment and the culprit was a worn out lower ball joint. Swapped it and the alignment has stayed in spec since.

OP
OP
Kenny D

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from getting alignment. All checked out mechanical wise, both sides were in spec except toe. Both were toed out. Asked about the negative camber and he showed me on the machine that even though they appear to lean, it was well within tolerance. Pleased that everything's good to go.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from getting alignment. All checked out mechanical wise, both sides were in spec except toe. Both were toed out. Asked about the negative camber and he showed me on the machine that even though they appear to lean, it was well within tolerance. Pleased that everything's good to go.

Glad to hear that it doesn't need a bunch of work! I never would've guessed it was just an optical illusion. Toe out will cause similar wear as negative camber as well as more drag. You should get a fraction better MPG with it properly aligned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne