Front license plate bracket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woopig74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried to do a search and see if this had been discussed and came up empty. If it’s been discussed multiple times and I just missed it please forgive me.

Recent bought a 2008 GMC Yukon SLT for a hunting rig and wanting to put a vanity plate bracket on the front but am coming up dry on the interwebs search for a specific bracket for this rig. Is a universal plate my best bet? Am I just dumb and missing the part completely? Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
W

Woopig74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_0863.png
Well I’m dumb and just wasn’t looking in the right place. Is this my best bet or any reason not to go with a universal mount for a 1/6 of the price?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might prefer a universal mount if it means I don't have to drill into the bumper like the factory part.
Like it comes from under the bumper or through the lower grill opening.

Otherwise I tend to favor the OEM part for looks/sleekness whatever..
6x the cost! Just when I was getting used to OEM being 4x the cost..

Grady_Wilson

Reaction score
I've been trying to source a front license plate bracket for my 2011 Yukon Denali and have been coming up empty.
I'll have to see if this plate posted above will work for my Yukon.
But, $50 is pretty steep.

My Yukon has never had a front plate but it does have the little nubs for mounting a bracket of some sort.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar