Front door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what’s the best or good aftermarket front door speakers for 02 Yukon without Bose and with factory sub? Talked to Crutchfield guys, they give me 2 options. Morel Maximo 6 or Polk Audio DB 6502. I need some opinion from you guys.
Thank you

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll get so many opinions that it will send you into analysis paralysis. Primarily because there's just so many speaker options, and to be honest many people would be hard pressed to accurately pick out different speakers in a blind test (already proven many times, though I'm not going through the trouble to link the tests).

What I do is pick a long established manufacturer and not get the cheapest option, but not the most expensive either.

Will you be using an aftermarket amp with the new speakers? It's possible that running new speakers without adding power will actual downgrade the sound quality. Factory speakers are quite different than aftermarket. Different frequency demands, though you said you have a sub so that's a plus.

OP
OP
R

Ricard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m planning keeping the headunit and factory amps. Just changing the speakers

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're not adding an amp for the speakers, and keeping the factory head unit, then you want to match something near the pathetically low wattage of the factory head unit. (UNLESS I'M FORGETTING ABOUT AN AMPLIFIER BEING IN THERE?) I think this is the first time I have ever said; I think the Crutchfield person was wrong, (and pretty sure everyone knows that's me putting myself out there in a big way). You COULD use those speakers, BUT (WITHOUT AN AMP OR HIGHER WATTAGE HEAD UNIT), you are paying more for a speaker that you will never use. If you try to really play it loud with those speakers, you could damage those from being underpowered.

If all you are going to do is change the speakers, then you may as well use almost any $40-$50 set. If you MIGHT want to do anything more than that, then reevaluate your dream build, and plan for as big you might want to go.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're not adding an amp for the speakers, and keeping the factory head unit, then you want to match something near the pathetically low wattage of the factory head unit. (UNLESS I'M FORGETTING ABOUT AN AMPLIFIER BEING IN THERE?) I think this is the first time I have ever said; I think the Crutchfield person was wrong, (and pretty sure everyone knows that's me putting myself out there in a big way). You COULD use those speakers, BUT (WITHOUT AN AMP OR HIGHER WATTAGE HEAD UNIT), you are paying more for a speaker that you will never use. If you try to really play it loud with those speakers, you could damage those from being underpowered.

If all you are going to do is change the speakers, then you may as well use almost any $40-$50 set. If you MIGHT want to do anything more than that, then reevaluate your dream build, and plan for as big you might want to go.

There is solid advice here.

joe

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You may have to pull a door panel and look at the speaker magnet in order to tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE