2ohm Door Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blk00ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to beat a dead horse with Bose questons, but I'm curious what 2ohm door speakers we have available to us. We added a Pioneer HU to my son's '05. We ran it through the factory Bose amp. All we touched of the factory system was the HU. Huge difference in sound quality. We also added a Kicker 300x1 amp using RCAs from new HU, pushing a single 10 Dayton Audio in a sealed enclosure. He and I are both very happy with the results. But, I've been wondering how much better would it sound if we swapped out the old Bose speakers in the doors and went with something else. The issue is finding 2ohm speakers. I know Infinity had some that seemed to be a popular option amongst the GM owners, but it doesn't look you can find those anymore.

OP
OP
B

Blk00ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And just a side note for anyone with questions about wiring...I'm a organized clean freak. I didn't wanna cut wires or mess with the factory harness. I paid the $25 for the Crutchfield ready harness, figured what the heck, lets try it. WORTH EVERY PENNY. Our HU literally came out of the box plug and play. We went with the PAC RP5-GM11 to keep steering wheel controls, door chime etc all of it was plug an play. super super simple.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And just a side note for anyone with questions about wiring...I'm a organized clean freak. I didn't wanna cut wires or mess with the factory harness. I paid the $25 for the Crutchfield ready harness, figured what the heck, lets try it. WORTH EVERY PENNY. Our HU literally came out of the box plug and play. We went with the PAC RP5-GM11 to keep steering wheel controls, door chime etc all of it was plug an play. super super simple.
Agreed, worth the small fee to have them make neat connections that plug and play! I recently did that with a new Boss Audio system. I was done with the whole install in about an hour. It could have been less, but I was pokey.

I kept my stock Bose the way it was. To me, it sounds great. I don't really like to thump it too much anyway. Rattling license plates and windows annoy me and I think the clarity and tone of the Bose are what I like to hear, so no upgrades there for me just yet... If it all blows up, maybe I'd look at other options.

Techs at Crutchfield are great! If they can't source you 2 ohm speakers, I think it might be difficult for anyone else to do the same.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to a 'nice' car audio shop. ( nope... not spending 2 grand :eek: .......
My stock Bose system still seems fine.... BUT.... I was wondering if there are 2ohm "upgrade" speakers for the doors???? ( OK .I'll call Crutchfield )....

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to beat a dead horse with Bose questons, but I'm curious what 2ohm door speakers we have available to us. We added a Pioneer HU to my son's '05. We ran it through the factory Bose amp. All we touched of the factory system was the HU. Huge difference in sound quality. We also added a Kicker 300x1 amp using RCAs from new HU, pushing a single 10 Dayton Audio in a sealed enclosure. He and I are both very happy with the results. But, I've been wondering how much better would it sound if we swapped out the old Bose speakers in the doors and went with something else. The issue is finding 2ohm speakers. I know Infinity had some that seemed to be a popular option amongst the GM owners, but it doesn't look you can find those anymore.

My stock Bose system still seems fine.... BUT.... I was wondering if there are 2ohm "upgrade" speakers for the doors???? ( OK .I'll call Crutchfield )....
I’m running JBL GTO628’s, they’re 2.3 ohm. I don’t see that exact model but if you look at some of their others you’ll find 6.5” 2 ohm coaxials. Some of theirs have two settings for the tweeters too in case you feel they’re too bright.

OP
OP
B

Blk00ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI...simply swapping HU's makes a huge difference. We could have easily installed the Pioneer HU and been content. It really wakes the factory Bose speakers up and is much more clear. Thats what really surprised me most. Prior to the new HU I kept telling my son "this Bose system sounds muddy". Much more clear with the new HU

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. I upgraded stock HU to Boss Audio. Was really affordable, had all the modern features, was back-up cam ready and made a huge difference in the factory Bose speakers.

Great tone, separation and decent bass. I don't thump loud anyway. So, clarity and overall sound quality is where I am at as I get old...

Glad your new HU made a noticeable difference on your system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firstcaddy