Front door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsal52

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it is low ohm like the Bose speakers then Infinity makes kappa speakers that will work. I’ve done that in an old murano I had and in my 2015 Yukon. They sound great and have plenty of volume but both of those were on the Bose system.

OP
OP
R

Ricard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know the RMS wattage on the factory unit for the front door speakers?
Thank you

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I have been told.... 2 ohm, 4 ohm speaker output, are required for full use of the speakers in the specific channel they are designed, so, raising ohm's may reduce the output quality in that channel. More ohms do not mean improvement. Replace what the system is set-up for.... But due to age of speakers, replace with a quality brand - same ohm's.

Or.... wire in an amp to carry the higher ohm speaker.
( I have the SLT & the Bose system, and it sounds fine for me)

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Door panels are soooo easy to pull, just do it and know. Not only will you find out what ohms your speakers are, you'll know how to remove and install the door panels when you go to change out the speakers. Practice makes perfect!

Sarrkazztic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put the Kicker CS 6.5's in my 05 Yukon but I also added a Kenwood Double Din Touch Screen....it sounds really good without any amplifiers but I will be adding a 900w Kicker Amp soon.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're not adding an amp for the speakers, and keeping the factory head unit, then you want to match something near the pathetically low wattage of the factory head unit. (UNLESS I'M FORGETTING ABOUT AN AMPLIFIER BEING IN THERE?) I think this is the first time I have ever said; I think the Crutchfield person was wrong, (and pretty sure everyone knows that's me putting myself out there in a big way). You COULD use those speakers, BUT (WITHOUT AN AMP OR HIGHER WATTAGE HEAD UNIT), you are paying more for a speaker that you will never use. If you try to really play it loud with those speakers, you could damage those from being underpowered.

Oh look at that... Crutchfield just happened to send me an email that they have those DB 6502 speakers (that they recommended), and have dropped the price $50 just after they recommended them..

Crutchfield.PNG

Could it be a coincidence? Yes... Do I think it is? NOPE! I think they were trying to get rid of overstock.

OP
OP
R

Ricard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought these a few weeks ago. And sound good. I like it.

38224736-B8C6-4D0D-8F84-53EF5B1DCFF8.png

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My XL SLT Bose system was not overly used during the life of the 2005. ( retired couple owned the truck)..

I wonder of the Fosgates sound better than the 'good condition' Bose in the truck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3