Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alnjessie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lawyer for GM cracked Dash case... everyone affected needs sign up

Facebook page... "GM Yukon and Tahoe cracked dash" has an attorney who has hired an expert in the case they are trying to build against GMC.. not sure if it will go anywhere or not, but it is worth a shot. Once you get on the page and join group e-mail the lawyer about your vehicle etc. so you will be added to the list for court purposes. The more people that come together on this the better. I agree our pockets are not as big as GM's Lol.. I only wish... but I have to feel like I at least tried something... The dealership said they would fix my car... dash and door handles for a lil over $400... but from people I spoke with before that had theirs (dash) replaced, the new ones cracked too... my husband said better off putting a dash cover on it instead... not sure what I am going to do yet on that part.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do all of the newer part numbers has the Center speaker? My dads is a 2012 and it has the center speaker.....my 08 with a cracked dash does not. What does it take to add the speaker if you use the newer dash?

RoRo

Reaction score
08 Yukon 84k with cracked dash @ passenger air bag. Called GM, they had me drive to nearest GM dealer(chevy) to speak with service dept. Dealer replaced it with $100 "deductible", didn't have to wait on call from GM for approval.

Monday Chevy, Houston, TX.

27 months and 21,000+ miles later, the replaced dash has now cracked......

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08 Tahoe LT, noticed the classic crack by the passenger airbag maybe two years ago. Just recently I've noticed a more prominent one on the driver side moving up the steering wheel hood

RossM

Reaction score
07 Tahoe LTZ cracked two years ago at airbag top left corner on dash. Declined by GM. Offered to pay part still declined, truck too old.

Govtahoe

Reaction score
08 LS, air bag crack and steering wheel hood nearly split completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before:

KHCJjlWh.jpg

FlgORIkh.jpg

8nSOokCh.jpg

After:

V3Psfr3h.jpg

eePoRZBh.jpg

Amanda4461

Reaction score
My 2010 Tahoe LTZ with black dashboard just had its second dashboard crack in the same area around the airbag on Passenger side. First cracked dash was at 53,095 miles on 9/06/2013. Dealer rep was asked if they had any problems with the dashboards due to Texas heat, and she told me that GM had a Customer Satisfaction Program where they would replace the dashboard for $100. I took her up on the $100 replacement. "New" dashboard cracked in the same exact location last week at 85,000 miles. When I had the Tahoe in for tires and brakes this week, I asked about the dashboard. She said this time it would cost me $500. Since she had just told me how to save about $350 on new tires opposed to the best price I could find in the Houston area, I didn't complain much. This is the only broken part that the Tahoe has sustained since new, other than the little coin door on the console. It has been a fine truck. However, when researching how to remove the center console to fix the broken change door, which I succeeded in doing thanks to 04CTD's post, I came across this thread. I just called the 800-222-1020 GM number and now have a caseworker looking into the dashboard replacement to see if they will do the $100 fix again. From the sound of the rep I talked to, GM has been getting quite a few complaints with the same problem. Considering that GM Service wanted about $400 to fix my coin holder on the console, I find this Forum to be quite the money-saver! If I can save another $400 by getting this cracked dashboard replaced for $100, I will really be impressed.
Merry Christmas!
Amanda

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz