Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14SWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You GM for finally getting it right, my 2014 Z71 has no cheap plastic....

Its tough to tell for sure, but from the up close pictures of the cracked dashes being posted in numerous places, it looks like the same dash in my '14 Z71.

though there is a new part number assigned for the part starting 2012 and up. who knows if that is a better part or not or if that revision had anything to do with the cracks. As the 2012-2014 age we will see if it make a difference, too early to tell.

Last edited:

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
The 2012+ has a different texture to the outside of it. Its a bit softer, less glossy finish than before. As far as the under side goes, the mold is exactly the same as the previous models. Possible the coating reflects light better to not cause heat distress? Dunno. The ones we've been replacing still go via year. So if a 2009 comes in, we replace it with the standard dash PN, not the new one. Don't ask me why. They do pay well to put in though, so I have no problem with needing to replace them!

nahfwt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 2012+ has a different texture to the outside of it. Its a bit softer, less glossy finish than before. As far as the under side goes, the mold is exactly the same as the previous models. Possible the coating reflects light better to not cause heat distress? Dunno. The ones we've been replacing still go via year. So if a 2009 comes in, we replace it with the standard dash PN, not the new one. Don't ask me why. They do pay well to put in though, so I have no problem with needing to replace them!

Is there any reason the 2012+ dash wouldn't fit in a 2007-2011 truck?

alnjessie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2010 Denali Cracked Dash and door handle issue

I have a 2010 GMC Denali with cracks all in the dash...it started with a small crack at the subwoofer speaker and spread all the way up toward the driver instrument panel. GMC should recognize this as a defect in this vehicle along with the cheap door handles that break and come off the vehicle as well. I called GMC recall center and told them about everyone online having problems with this and a possible class action lawsuit they are now paying for me to bring my vehicle in to be checked... if they get bombarded with all of us pulling together we can get them to issue a recall.Everyone affected by this problem should start calling them and don't stop until they address this. I will update everyone as it all plays out.I am at dealership now and since it is the GMC dealership they are trying to brush it off..I am suppose to call the GMC recall center when I get home to update them of the dealerships findings concerning my dash. I am ready to start a class action suit. If all of you that have this problem would email me with your name and contact info and spread the word on other sites concerning this... I will contact and get a lawyer to handle our case and make GMC stand behind their very expensive product that they are not backing. My email is [email protected] Please help me in standing up to make a difference. will update more as to what GMC recall center tells me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn