Foster Supercharger sound mod.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Been awhile guys, so I haven’t done anything with my truck for a bit and it was overdue for a mod. I came across a YouTuber who did a Supercharger sound mod. So I decided to give it a go and it basically makes the Sc whine more audible in the cab by running a tube from the intake into the cab. The tube has a film over the end so no air can be sucked into the intake. Anyways here’s a comparison video

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Been awhile guys, so I haven’t done anything with my truck for a bit and it was overdue for a mod. I came across a YouTuber who did a Supercharger sound mod. So I decided to give it a go and it basically makes the Sc whine more audible in the cab by running a tube from the intake into the cab. The tube has a film over the end so no air can be sucked into the intake. Anyways here’s a comparison video
So much better! Good to see you back @sumo.

Reaction score
Cool I guess if you like that sort of thing... Lol

Different type of supercharger (whistled all the time, not only when under throttle) I used to have a Vorteq S-trim on my Mustang. Those straight cut gears whistled so loud people could hear me coming blocks away. I eventually switched to a SQ trim with helical cut gears and is so much quieter, just a slight audible whistle. Stealthy.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Last edited:
OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Cool I guess if you like that sort of thing... Lol

Different type of supercharger (whistled all the time, not only when under throttle) I used to have a Vorteq S-trim on my Mustang. Those straight cut gears whistled so loud people could hear me coming blocks away. I eventually switched to a SQ trim with helical cut gears and is so much quieter, just a slight audible whistle. Stealthy.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

you should hear my supercharged S2000. Sounds like plane

Reaction score
:hitit:
What are the numbers on it?

UevqZP2xheoWFL5G7

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

Last edited:

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.........

Seriously if it makes you happy, just don't try and pass it off as a real one to impress people, reminds me of vibrating your lips off the old candy boxes with the clear cellophane to make motor sounds.
I'll stick with the real thing....lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's a video taken in 2003 of my Mustang that's mostly stock except for the S-trim. It's much different now with much more mods. I have no good videos of it though.

Video from 2003.
1995 5.0 Mustang GT with exhaust, Cobra intake, and Vortech S-trim Supercharger at 14psi.
410hp/400tq letting off at 5000rpm
They said there was more in it and take it to 6000rpm, but I was reluctant with stock heads, block, and tranny...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep