Foster Supercharger sound mod.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
cool

& curious, how much stuff do you have hanging on your keychain?
:anitoof:
Haha well I also had my tool box remote hanging on a cabana clip so I don’t forget them for work. If I do, can’t open my box. That and the conjunction of the vibrating cracked dash lol

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.........

Seriously if it makes you happy, just don't try and pass it off as a real one to impress people, reminds me of vibrating your lips off the old candy boxes with the clear cellophane to make motor sounds.
I'll stick with the real thing....lol

but my vehicles are supercharged. The mod is only to make the sound more audible inside cab not outside.

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but my vehicles are supercharged. The mod is only to make the sound more audible inside cab not outside.

Ok, I'll forgive you then..lol
I thought you were doing something like those fake turbo whistle things that the import kids put on.
Nice dyno numbers by the way, doubling is quite impressive, what other modifications were made besides the supercharger ? I would assume fuel pump, injectors, exhaust ???

Reaction score
14.7psi is double the atmospheric pressure, so running that much boost should double the unboosted output of the engine.

The rear wheel hp numbers on my mustang before the blower was 240hp and I think 290tq. At 14psi boost the hp was 410 but they ssid if I would've taken it up to 6000rpm instead of letting off at 5000rpm, it would've peaked at about 460-475hp.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was making 50 hp per psi of boost on that engine in the video, I was only able to get 3 lbs boost with my pulley/belt combo (4 pulleys and 2 belts) that I took with me, my belt wouldn't fit the next combo of pulleys unfortunately. I wanted to limit myself to 6 lbs with the 93 octane I was using, just about the limit with the old roots setup.
I should be more efficient with the new setup, now to just figure out how to plant it...lol

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Ok, I'll forgive you then..lol
I thought you were doing something like those fake turbo whistle things that the import kids put on.
Nice dyno numbers by the way, doubling is quite impressive, what other modifications were made besides the supercharger ? I would assume fuel pump, injectors, exhaust ???

1000cc injectors, 320lph fuel pump. Aem V2 EMS, headers, test pipe. Kept OEM exhaust. Haven’t found one I like personally I think this sounds perfect. Upgraded the clutch, changed the flywheel to the 1st gen years, 14.5lbs vs 22lbs, larger throttle body. Installed Big brake kit and SS lines

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1000cc injectors, 320lph fuel pump. Aem V2 EMS, headers, test pipe. Kept OEM exhaust. Haven’t found one I like personally I think this sounds perfect. Upgraded the clutch, changed the flywheel to the 1st gen years, 14.5lbs vs 22lbs, larger throttle body. Installed Big brake kit and SS lines

Which flywheel do you have now, the heavier one for more kinetic energy or the lighter for faster revving? Looks like you really went through everything to compliment each other, which is what's needed, it'll sure find the weak link in a hurry.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Which flywheel do you have now, the heavier one for more kinetic energy or the lighter for faster revving? Looks like you really went through everything to compliment each other, which is what's needed, it'll sure find the weak link in a hurry.
I have a 04 which is considered AP2. These years redline 8000rpm. And the flywheel weighs 22lbs. Ap1 flywheels weight 14lbs. Before 04 ap1 S2 redlined at 9000
so I opted for faster reviving since the supercharger can make up for the difference in weight. Also when I tuned my redline was changed to 8800. So I have a screamer of a sports car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts