Forward Auto braking 2019 Tahoe RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zman54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

New here. I bought my new 19 Tahoe RST a couple weeks ago and loving it. THe concern I have is if the Auto Braking feature is working. Reason I ask is yesterday, a person pulled out in front of me and before I knew it I was on top of him but no sign of auto braking or alert. I checked and I have it set to farthest distance 3 bars ((( between the 2 vehicles. Does the system wait until last second?

thx

Z

JJ461

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello and congrats on your new RST.

Are you sure you have the alerts turned on in the vehicle settings?

On the Infotainment screen hit Settings > Vehicle > Collision / Detection Systems > Check alert types... they were turned off on my Yukon.

OP
OP
Z

Zman54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello and congrats on your new RST.

Are you sure you have the alerts turned on in the vehicle settings?

On the Infotainment screen hit Settings > Vehicle > Collision / Detection Systems > Check alert types... they were turned off on my Yukon.

Thanks for reply. Yes, I checked after near miss yesterday and it is set on alert and brake. Been researching and would love to find one of those inflatable pretend cars they test with!

OP
OP
Z

Zman54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure how accurate of test but I took some foam cushion blocks I had and stacked them up to 4' simulating a kid. Tried three times and never even recognized anything and blew through them.
Guess I will make appointment with service although I have no idea how they check?

thx

Z

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your settings, I have mine set to the least sensitive setting, it almost appears it takes the brake lights of the car in front to full activate the self braking, at least that is what I have found so far for how my truck settings have worked

OP
OP
Z

Zman54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thx, where are sensitivity settings located?

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx, where are sensitivity settings located?

Should be the little car icon button w arrow or something in front of it on the left side of your steering wheel. It's the button above the heated steering wheel button.

OP
OP
Z

Zman54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh are you referring to the two cars with the ((( between them? If so I have mine set to the 3 which I thought is most sensitive?

thx

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

New here. I bought my new 19 Tahoe RST a couple weeks ago and loving it. THe concern I have is if the Auto Braking feature is working. Reason I ask is yesterday, a person pulled out in front of me and before I knew it I was on top of him but no sign of auto braking or alert. I checked and I have it set to farthest distance 3 bars ((( between the 2 vehicles. Does the system wait until last second?

thx

Z
AUTO braking is not a substitute for not paying attention

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE