Forward Auto braking 2019 Tahoe RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

Zman54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Who said it was? I said a car whipped out in front of me. Nothing wrong with wanting to make sure it is operable. Thx for the useless post.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who said it was? I said a car whipped out in front of me. Nothing wrong with wanting to make sure it is operable. Thx for the useless post.
how fast were you going??, weather conditions?? day time or night time??
it only works under certain conditions.. that is why

don't be too reliant on it .. it does not fix other peoples driving

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

Zman54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok thx. Middle of day sunny. About 40moh. Just would like some indication it is working. Thx again all for trying to help.

Z

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it says it only works below 50mph

the way they have it worded on the site is that it is intended for use in bumper to bumper traffic aka low speed ( that is when most accidents happen .... if someone pulls infront of you it might not do anything...

a similar system was on my grandpas rental it worked on the low speed but not when someone was unsafely crossing the street. going 50mph (speed limit is 50mph)

stupid dumb ass on the cellphone because cellphone tends to be more important....

a lot of people blindly cross the street almost nailed someone at 50mph as they walked in front of the metro BUS unsafe crossing the street (the person to top it off was on the cellphone yapping away) in the middle of the night..

it took some very precise movements with the car to avoid HITTING the BUS , HER and getting rear ended by a shit faced tailgater.. she must ahve been super lazy too since the spot to cross was only a block away at the traffic light

there was only 2 inches to spare from hitting my mirror

at 50mph that would have hurt badly Of course she would have been paying out of her own pocket for the damage to my car and the bus and the car behind me....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

Zman54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it says it only works below 50mph

the way they have it worded on the site is that it is intended for freeway use when it's bumper to bumper ( that is when most accidents happen .... if someone pulls infront of you it might not do anything...

Ok thx. Much appreciated.

JJ461

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I first got my Yukon I had the same concerns of whether it was working or not. I kept trying to test it by waiting to brake when following a slower vehicle and coming up quickly behind a semi, I figured it was definitely big enough to activate it. Of course my idea of both of the tests could be skewed because I do have a tendency to be overly cautious.

Anyway, there have been a few times that the system has kicked in when coming up quickly on a vehicle turning and at times when others have pulled out in front of me, but I have never been able to purposely make the system engage.

OP
OP
Z

Zman54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I first got my Yukon I had the same concerns of whether it was working or not. I kept trying to test it by waiting to brake when following a slower vehicle and coming up quickly behind a semi, I figured it was definitely big enough to activate it. Of course my idea of both of the tests could be skewed because I do have a tendency to be overly cautious.

Anyway, there have been a few times that the system has kicked in when coming up quickly on a vehicle turning and at times when others have pulled out in front of me, but I have never been able to purposely make the system engage.

Thank you for that. From the sound of it, I am going to have to trust that it is there ready to work in case I ever need it which hopefully I won’t.
Just to bad I can’t borrow one of those cool inflatable cars they test with!! Thanks again

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want to confirm you’re talking about auto braking during non-adaptive cruise, correct? Reason I ask is you mention the 3 settings for distance, which is an adaptive cruise setting, not an auto brake setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Z

Zman54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just want to confirm you’re talking about auto braking during non-adaptive cruise, correct? Reason I ask is you mention the 3 settings for distance, which is an adaptive cruise setting, not an auto brake setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes auto braking. Mine doesn’t have adaptive cruise but it does give those settings like I did. ?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes auto braking. Mine doesn’t have adaptive cruise but it does give those settings like I did. ?
Weird because thise settings are for following distance on the adaptive cc.
If all 3 ))) are selected thats the closest setting and if only the last ) is the furthest following distance... on my 19 anyway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011