Folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my passenger side mirror. It seems to close just fine...just much slower than the drivers side. I have tried opening it manually, but I do't want to keep doing this in case it's damaging something...ugh, I guess to the dealer I go.

Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer visit.

Louis
GM Customer Service

mrknow88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The part bryand178 is holding and repaired is the main cause. A cheap little plastic gear. See this video that may help on how to at least get to the motor casing.

http://youtu.be/cIkaznUA9t0

hunterp27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The part bryand178 is holding and repaired is the main cause. A cheap little plastic gear. See this video that may help on how to at least get to the motor casing.

For those of you that have this issue, please visit here: www.gmmirrorfix.com This is for any Tahoe Suburban Denali Yukon Escalade Sierra or Silverado.

dgwms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The reason our gm folding mirrors are not working is because GM saved a couple pennies by putting cheap plastic gears in the mirrors(plastic will get brittle and break with age). I just received 2 new HD motors and 2 brass gears (I will repair both mirrors) this will allow the mirrors to open/close faster than factory and less likely to break again (I only want to do this repair once). The kit was ordered from GruvenParts.com about $90, I'll re-post after installation.

mrknow88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The reason our gm folding mirrors are not working is because GM saved a couple pennies by putting cheap plastic gears in the mirrors(plastic will get brittle and break with age). I just received 2 new HD motors and 2 brass gears (I will repair both mirrors) this will allow the mirrors to open/close faster than factory and less likely to break again (I only want to do this repair once). The kit was ordered from GruvenParts.com about $90, I'll re-post after installation.

Please post a direct link to the brass gear product.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
90$ is a rip off for two tiny parts

according to ebay prices the actual value is only $3 to $12... compared to other mirror worm gear prices . and motors are only 10$ i can get a worm gear motor 4500RPM for 15$

it will close your mirror in under 1/10th on a second!

Can someone get the dimension/specs on these? so we can order them directly from china

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
90$ is a rip off for two tiny parts

according to ebay prices the actual value is only $3 to $12... compared to other mirror worm gear prices . and motors are only 10$ i can get a worm gear motor 4500RPM for 15$

it will close your mirror in under 1/10th on a second!

Can someone get the dimension/specs on these? so we can order them directly from china

I will stick with the brass gears and the standard speed motors... no need to be in a hurry.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will stick with the brass gears and the standard speed motors... no need to be in a hurry.
they have slow ones I'm just trying to get the sizing specs and just buy my own directly from china.... and fix my mirror.... without paying made out of GOLD priced parts..

yes the ones i see on ebay are made out of metal

for 90$ i can buy 2 grams of gold

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
they have slow ones I'm just trying to get the sizing specs and just buy my own directly from china.... and fix my mirror.... without paying made out of GOLD priced parts..

yes the ones i see on ebay are made out of metal

for 90$ i can buy 2 grams of gold

I wish you the best of luck... I replaced mine with the Gruven parts, and while I was reluctant to spend that much for what seems like so little... I have no complaints. They work great. I will never have to replace them again and they were much cheaper than buying replacement mirrors with inferior plastic gears. As a bonus to me, they are made in the USA by a US company so it helps support people here in our country.

If you do have success, post your results on here... I'm sure others would be interested in a cheaper alternative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne