Folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbogue4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 yukon and my side view mirror on driver side will not fold in.The pass side works fine but not the driver.When the button is pushed you can hear the motor trying to fold in but nothing.I would take it in to the dealer but our warranty just went out.If anyonre has had the same problem and can point out a solution that would be great.
Thank you

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you hit the switch to fold the mirrors out try and push the driver side out it may be off tracc. my passenger use to do it but the when i close them one would start to fold then the other. I kept hitting the switch and it worked out i guess. sorry bout the warranty thing though. see they can do you a favor or sumtin.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try folding it in manually and seeing if the motor will open it. It might be that it is just off track like nfamous said.

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a problem with the whole mirror housing jiggling? My passenger mirror, where it fold has a little bit of play in it so that it moves pack and fourth as you speed up and then foward when you break. Anyone have this issue?

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
Anyone have a problem with the whole mirror housing jiggling? My passenger mirror, where it fold has a little bit of play in it so that it moves pack and fourth as you speed up and then foward when you break. Anyone have this issue?

I'm pretty sure this was the subject of a service bulletin. I know lots of people were complaining about that with the '07. I've had lots of wierd stuff with my 07, but fortunately that wasn't one of them.

almenyawe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I Fixit

Hi,
I had the same problem with my (07 Yukon Denali) mirrors and managed to fix it.

I managed to disassemble the RH mirror,I found out that if you open the folding Motor , you can find 2 big Gears and a tiny worm Gear with Plastic regular gear head like the attached photo
img20111028003.jpg

By almenyawe at 2011-12-28

i found that warm gear heads are broken

img20111028002.jpg

I managed to fix it again with strong glue , reassemble:waytogo:
and voila it is working again

bryand178

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
I had the same problem with my (07 Yukon Denali) mirrors and managed to fix it.

I managed to disassemble the RH mirror,I found out that if you open the folding Motor , you can find 2 big Gears and a tiny worm Gear with Plastic regular gear head like the attached photo
img20111028003.jpg

i found that warm gear heads are broken

img20111028002.jpg

I managed to fix it again with strong glue , reassemble:waytogo:
and voila it is working again

How did you get the power fold motor/actuator open?

1babygirl2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my passenger side mirror. It seems to close just fine...just much slower than the drivers side. I have tried opening it manually, but I do't want to keep doing this in case it's damaging something...ugh, I guess to the dealer I go.

bryand178

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a replacement passenger side mirror on Ebay ($50). It'll be here in about a week. Hopefully the power fold works as the seller claims.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon