Fogs on with lows and highs(pics inside)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
I just tested this out on my 2007 Suburban and it worked perfectly. I am using a slightly larger Diode. 3amp 400PIV Rectifier Diode. Only thing you need to be attentive to is that the gray end of the diode needs to be toward the fog light relay. If it's reversed this will not work.

Randy_S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, this is pretty old but I figured someone could help me too.

If I put a tester on where the lowbeam fuse is, will the side that I tap into be the hot side or the "downstream" side that will have no juice when the fuse is out?

Also, can the same principle be used to keep the daytime running lamps on when the headlights are on?

Thanks

derk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone konw how to hook it up so u can hi/low then have fogs on or off by using the stock switch?

derk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well im trying to get this mod working.
The bottom left pin (in the pic in post#1) on the fog light relay is the trigger switch, but i put a current meter on it, it is drawing 10.5 amps. I think the problem is I have HID's in my fog lights which draws more current then the stock bulbs.
For the people who got this mod working are you using stock bulbs??

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread here, folks.

I know that ITD did this on an early-build truck. Anyone have luck with this on an '09? Anything different between ITD's fuse box layout and the '09 Tahoe's?

Also, for those who have been running this mod for a while, any issues?

Thanks.

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen on other forums where this doesn't hold up and the diode burns up, interested to see if that's the case here or if there's a way to do it without this risk

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen on other forums where this doesn't hold up and the diode burns up, interested to see if that's the case here or if there's a way to do it without this risk

Thought I had seen that, too.

Anyone here been running this mod for a while?

Chopnspray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried this on my 07 avalanche and it melted the diod and smelled like burning plastic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts