Fogs on with lows and highs(pics inside)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who want fogs on with lows and highs without touching the foglight switch all you need to do is add a diode between the low beam relay and the fog relay. Below are pics on which relays they are and which pin you need to use. I recommend getting some 16-18ga. stranded wire and attach it to the ends of the diode, then you can just stick the stripped wire into the proper spot and then insert relay.

*****DISCLAIMER*****

This is depicting how I wired "my" tahoe to function this way I take no responsibility for someone improperly wiring theirs and frying some electrical components...In other words DO THIS MOD AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

DSCN4513.jpg

DSCN4511.jpg

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you can give a little more information about what size/rating diode you used then I think I'll go ahead and do this mod.

Thanks, man!

OP
OP
InTruckDesign

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can use a 1N4004 1amp micro diode.

It is plenty as you are just triggering a relay.

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
One other question. Is the diode directional or does it matter?
Thanks much. I know several folks here have been looking for this mod.

:Handshake:

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tried this out on my truck and it worked however the diode got really hot after about of minute or two so I just unhoooked it to be on the safe side. Did I do something wrong?

OP
OP
InTruckDesign

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you verify the pins with a meter or other test equipment. Possible that you tapped the 12v out on the lowbeam relay instead of the trigger wire. Best is to test all connections for voltage.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the same holes you did but the diode got really hot quick so I just unhooked it to be safe!

OP
OP
InTruckDesign

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get a meter on it...there may have been slight changes to the pin locations between the early build 2007's and the 2008+ models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts