Foggy Windows - Wintertime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmbongard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello.

2011 Tahoe has had a chronic problem in winter months (upstate NY) with foggy windows. Can be one, two or more of us in the truck going to dinner, or skiing, or simply shopping. The Defrosters must be on high for a while and then the selector cycled to dash vents (aimed at front driver & passenger windows). This cycle never stops, else the windows fog up. Carpets are dry. Seats are dry. Even happens with only one person driving.

Is anyone aware of an assembly issue that might be causing this? There seems to be plenty of air coming from the defroster, it's just all directed at the center of the windshield and not dispersed across the entire windshield.

Thanx,

Jim

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait....so what is your question?

The issue is that the air only comes out of the center duct a top the dash?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your system is set to bring outside air in, and not just on "re-circulate", right? Is it just the front glass or all windows?

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my '07 tahoe and with my '11 suburban...once the temps drop down into the lower 20's and below. Have to run my vents just like you do in order for it to start to clear the side windows...going to apply some Rain-X anti-fog to them and see if it helps at all.

Grebbler

Parts is parts...
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my '07 tahoe and with my '11 suburban...once the temps drop down into the lower 20's and below. Have to run my vents just like you do in order for it to start to clear the side windows...going to apply some Rain-X anti-fog to them and see if it helps at all.

Good luck with that and lets us know how it works out.

When I tried it a few years ago it made the issue worse and was the devil to get off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts