Fog lamps not functioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03yukXL

Reaction score
Hey all,

I replaced the destroyed fog lights in my 03 Yukon. They still do not function. Fuses are good, swapped in a known good relay. led indicator comes on the dash when the fog light button is pressed. Is there a common fix for this? I have read a couple of common complaints but never saw an answer…

Thanks all

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I replaced the destroyed fog lights in my 03 Yukon. They still do not function. Fuses are good, swapped in a known good relay. led indicator comes on the dash when the fog light button is pressed. Is there a common fix for this? I have read a couple of common complaints but never saw an answer…

Thanks all
Didn’t you check voltage at the bulb? Did you replace with LED bulbs by chance? If so, flip them 180 degrees.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The bulb sockets also overheat and can be replaced with a new pigtail; you'll probably see the brown plastic when you have access to the bulbs.

OP
OP

03yukXL

Reaction score
Full disclosure, both new lights were bad from the factory. Kept the housing and replaced the bulbs with LEDs. All functioning now. Careful what you get on amazon…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk