Fluttering noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there are some threatds on trim issues. I dont really see anything loose, but there is a noise coming from the drivers door area. The best way to describe it is it sounds like a piece of plastic fluttering in the wind. I have looked everywhere on the drivers side front and rear doors and dont see anything. I cant express how much of a garage queen thisi truck it. 2018 RST Premium that just hit 7,000 miles and has never seen rain or snow. I know, 80k well spent :rolleyes:

Attachments

• RST 2.jpg
    RST 2.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 9

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there are some threatds on trim issues. I dont really see anything loose, but there is a noise coming from the drivers door area. The best way to describe it is it sounds like a piece of plastic fluttering in the wind. I have looked everywhere on the drivers side front and rear doors and dont see anything. I cant express how much of a garage queen thisi truck it. 2018 RST Premium that just hit 7,000 miles and has never seen rain or snow. I know, 80k well spent :rolleyes:
In the front fender near the door is a strip of sound deadening that may have come loose. At the bottom of the door is a seal that could have also come loose and then you have the door seals and the body seals to inspect for tears from high heels or dragging feet.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
A technique I have used is to apply tape to suspect areas or assemblies and see of the sound changes. E.G. Tape the joint of the A pillar, or the mirror, bottom of the door.

One vehicle I found it was the seal where the A pillar met the cowl, on another the plastic trim at the base of the mirror mount would vibrate.

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the black trim panels between driver and pass. doors.The tape comes loose sometimes and it flutters.Retaping or adhesive usually fixes it.

OP
OP
Boatguy272

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. I did look at the trim between the doors before my post. It seemed a bit loose, but not enough to flutter. Im going to try the painters tape as soon as it stops raining here and I can get it out of the garage. I will update one way or the other.

Thanks !

Mx2491

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks all. I did look at the trim between the doors before my post. It seemed a bit loose, but not enough to flutter. Im going to try the painters tape as soon as it stops raining here and I can get it out of the garage. I will update one way or the other.

Thanks !
I have a similar noise (I think) on my 2019 that I can’t pin point, if you find anything please share! Thanks

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Its is the exhaust valve making an odd noise when in v4 mode?

Mine makes an odd sound sometimes and it drives me nuts. I think you can make that valve stay open all the time. I need to do that

OP
OP
Boatguy272

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think so because it stays the same under any throttle position. Embarrassingly the truck hasn't been out again yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667