Flex Fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its a vin Z (and original engine) then it is a Flex Fuel. Translated...under most scenarios will cost you more to drive per mile using e-85 vs. 87 octane regular unleaded gas.
Except here in CA, where the bureaucRATS running the state are making more on a gallon of gas than any 'evil' oil company, ripping us all off as Gavin Newscum said. The thing is, that RAT Gavin and his merry band of Commies are the ones doing the ripping off.
I have two flex fuel vehicles and have been using E85 quite a bit for the last year +. Today, locally E85 is ~$3.20/gallon & 87 fuel is ~$5/gallon. YMMV.....

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except here in CA, where the bureaucRATS running the state are making more on a gallon of gas than any 'evil' oil company, ripping us all off as Gavin Newscum said. The thing is, that RAT Gavin and his merry band of Commies are the ones doing the ripping off.
I have two flex fuel vehicles and have been using E85 quite a bit for the last year +. Today, locally E85 is ~$3.20/gallon & 87 fuel is ~$5/gallon. YMMV.....
I wish there was that much of a Delta between the two here in the midwest. Its around .60 or so difference here. Just not worth the mileage hit using E85 here.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is definitely a mileage hit with E85. I've seen it ~30%+- lower fuel mileage. However it still makes sense and pencils out with the huge gap in price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24