Flex Fuel Sensor Failed Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not simplify--install the replicator that Adam mentioned above and avoid E85. The only people that benefit over the long haul from E85 are the mechanics who replace the sensors. They are notoriously unreliable.
Unreliable? Thats odd, both of my 03 Tahoe FFV 5.3L have them and ive never had to replace them. Maybe there is a bad batch/lot out there....but they aint on my vehicles.
*Just for the record* I dont put that shit in my vehicles (E85). Its a waste of money.

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SOLVED (For real this time):
I took it to a mechanic and he found the voltage was correct at the plug. However, when he hooked up his scanner he was able to see the reading for the fuel composition sensor and it was at 0 hz and it should be at a minimum of 50 hz. He found that the plug for the sensor had 2 pins that were expanded too far so it was causing a loose connection. That explains its intermittency. He said it was like someone shoved the probes of a multimeter in too far. I know it wasn't me that did that so it must've been my dealer. After he fixed the plug the scanner read 53 hz and I haven't had any symptoms since.

It's always something simple that causes so much trouble.

Bryndan99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why not simplify--install the replicator that Adam mentioned above and avoid E85. The only people that benefit over the long haul from E85 are the mechanics who replace the sensors. They are notoriously unreliable.
Could u please send me information on where I can find out how to install the replicator. I'm having the same issue. I just replaced the Flex Fuel Sensor and the PO178 came right back on. I would love to just bypass it since I don't plan on using any E85