Flappers not flapping ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadowz Edge

Reaction score
Hi folks.

This has been an issue since I first picked up Panda almost 2 years ago but I'm just now starting to get her worked on.

The issue I'm having is the flaps down in the control box (I think that's what it's called) that directs all the air all if not most of the flaps fallen out of their areas. At one point back then I had found a panel that has those flaps but for the life of me I can't locate it again.

Would it be good to replace just that broken panel or replace the entire box they attach to? I have yet to pull the dash out to gain access to said box so I have no clue as to it's full status.

Thank you in advance with any help.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Look for my post on this page about this very thing. It quotes @east302 and his thread on fixing it.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...r-obs-gmt400-tahoe-yukon-today.30709/page-645

You do have to drop the dash. Most likely the blend doors have fallen in and that's why you'll get air out of all three places. The replacement box has everything you need to fix it. We were able to do mine without taking the lower box off but my dash was completely out.

OP
OP
Shadowz Edge

Shadowz Edge

Reaction score
Look for my post on this page about this very thing. It quotes @east302 and his thread on fixing it.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...r-obs-gmt400-tahoe-yukon-today.30709/page-645

You do have to drop the dash. Most likely the blend doors have fallen in and that's why you'll get air out of all three places. The replacement box has everything you need to fix it. We were able to do mine without taking the lower box off but my dash was completely out.

Thank you so much for this info!

*Scurries off to go read and learn*

OP
OP
Shadowz Edge

Shadowz Edge

Reaction score
Now to locate a comprehensive guide on removing the entire dash to help make the repairs easier.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lower damper (26 in diagram) is GM 52471363 (Delco 15-5737) and should probably be replaced as the edges can rot. The remaining dampers come installed on the box. It’s on Amazon for $15.

The original foam on your air box is likely shot and the new one doesn’t come with it anyways. I used 1” hobby store foam and it seals up pretty well.

Minor caveat: I have no idea if this can be installed with the box still attached to the firewall. In my case, I removed the whole thing since I was replacing the evaporator as well.

c4fefd6542d21bc20f2224f7f2d69608.png

OP
OP
Shadowz Edge

Shadowz Edge

Reaction score
The lower damper (26 in diagram) is GM 52471363 (Delco 15-5737) and should probably be replaced as the edges can rot. The remaining dampers come installed on the box. It’s on Amazon for $15.

The original foam on your air box is likely shot and the new one doesn’t come with it anyways. I used 1” hobby store foam and it seals up pretty well.

Minor caveat: I have no idea if this can be installed with the box still attached to the firewall. In my case, I removed the whole thing since I was replacing the evaporator as well.

c4fefd6542d21bc20f2224f7f2d69608.png
@east302 I hope that 15-5737 fits because according to Amazon it doesn't fit my 99 Tahoe.
I probably still going to order it anyways as it would be nice to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505