First Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely worth it? Any drawbacks?

+1 for a BBP tune. The factory trans tuning has some faults that, depending on your driving style and environment, can really shorten the 6L80's life. So, the tune is likely to pay for itself. The extra power at the wheels is actually more of a beneficial byproduct.

OP
OP
AirJordan613

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 for a BBP tune. The factory trans tuning has some faults that, depending on your driving style and environment, can really shorten the 6L80's life. So, the tune is likely to pay for itself. The extra power at the wheels is actually more of a beneficial byproduct.
I've definitely been thinking about it. Can they provide more than one tune? Would be nice to have an economy tune, performance tune, and tow tune.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When I won the drawing, around Christmas, I had the choice of the "traditional tune" and to be frank, it is what I would have wanted. I would not have wanted to get crazy and the performance of my tune kicks in when I want it. There is a questionnaire to fill out for the vehicle specs and expectations wanted. Contact them via phone, email or here and they can answer your questions.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've definitely been thinking about it. Can they provide more than one tune? Would be nice to have an economy tune, performance tune, and tow tune.

Kinda/maybe?
I think the economy tune and performance tune can kinda be blended to be "automatic". Like, when driving easily, it'll be extra thrifty. But, above a certain throttle input, maybe just within the Power Enrichment tables, it could "switch" to your "performance tune". Or, maybe it be tuned for economy as a base and the performance and tow tunes be blended together, activated by the Tow/Haul switch.

Really, just having the trans and throttle response characteristics cleaned up would feel like a performance boost in itself and it would be controlled by how much you push the pedal.

It'd be best to talk to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal