First rear diff now transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chetrick87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my truck back from having the rear diff rebuilt and tranny lines put on. It was driving ok for about an hour of running around. I came out of a store. I pulled away amd it wouldnt shift into 2nd. Then finally it jerked into it with loud clunks and jerking. I pulled over. I went to take off again and it just revved up and wouldnt move. Reverse worked along with 1, 2, and 3 but nothing in drive. I checked the fluid and it read that it was full

Mechanic sent someone and he said that the line cracked. They towed it back to the shop. Today he told me he replaced the lines and flushed the fluid which was clean ans changed the filter. Put it all back together and still the same problem. Any thoughts????

Tractoman

Reaction score
If it's a line they replaced (assuming trans fluid lines) that cracked, that may have caused the failure? Have you discussed that with them?

OP
OP
Chetrick87

Chetrick87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said that he had his cpu hooked up and checked the solenoids. The one for first gear isnt responding/clicking but all the others are. So hes chabging it on monday. If not i was tild it could be the forward sprag assenbly in the tranny. When the line cracked the fluid was still high so idk

OP
OP
Chetrick87

Chetrick87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He dropped the pan then hooked his cpu again. Now the solenoid for first is responding. So hes thinking maybe a wire is getting pinched or something when everything is together. If thats not the case then its going to a transmission shop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz