Finally, we landed our new Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ole S.S. Pugski (2008 Yukon XL SLT) did great for us over the past 5 years as handling the duties as the S.S.Pugski and many years before that hauling skis all over the west but with 185K on her, she is getting long in tooth and we just dind't have confidence in her on long and remote trips in the windernesses of Nevada, Wyoming, Montana and such. So last year we started scouting out a replacement. We looked high and wide all across the US and after a few possible candiates we ended up with a 2018 Yukon XL in North Carolina.

I really had no intentions of having to go that far but in a perfect world we would have had it trucked back to Nevada and we had everything set to do so but that pesky pipleline issue in the southeast messed all of that up. So there was one thing left to do, book a flight and drive up back.

IMG_4761.jpeg IMG_4762.jpeg IMG_4763.jpeg IMG_4764.jpeg

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, they had your new rig sitting in the showroom. Looks very nice. Im sure that was a great trip. Enjoy those cooled seats. LOL.

OP
OP
Philpug

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, they had your new rig sitting in the showroom. Looks very nice. Im sure that was a great trip. Enjoy those cooled seats. LOL.
It was in their delivery area. Cooled seats are nice as is the heated stearing wheel. The Adaptive Cruise Control works really well.

I am really thinking about swapping the 22's for 18's or 20's. The Bridgestones on the 22's were brand new and will have about 2500 miles on them. What would the wheels combo be worth if I go to sell them?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ole S.S. Pugski (2008 Yukon XL SLT) did great for us over the past 5 years as handling the duties as the S.S.Pugski and many years before that hauling skis all over the west but with 185K on her, she is getting long in tooth and we just dind't have confidence in her on long and remote trips in the windernesses of Nevada, Wyoming, Montana and such. So last year we started scouting out a replacement. We looked high and wide all across the US and after a few possible candiates we ended up with a 2018 Yukon XL in North Carolina.

I really had no intentions of having to go that far but in a perfect world we would have had it trucked back to Nevada and we had everything set to do so but that pesky pipleline issue in the southeast messed all of that up. So there was one thing left to do, book a flight and drive up back.

View attachment 279395 View attachment 279396 View attachment 279397 View attachment 279398
besure yo get the AFM disabler there is no point in saving peanuts in fuel when it fails it will cost a big fortune to replace.. I rather take my chances in the windernesses of Nevada, Wyoming, Montana and such with a GMT400-900 (with afm disabled) then take a chance with a newer rig .... they're soooo poorly made many of them having several engine failures with less then 10k miles on the clock..(AFM fails) there was one on YT where it had 3 AFM fails in 7500 miles

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great Phil. Congrats. Range AFM disabler and Hikari LED headlight bulbs if you don’t already have the LEDs on there.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Phil, check ebay as I have checked there before, I think they go for 2200-2500. You may also want to check craigs list in your area or something similar, at least if you list and sell there it would be a local buyer with no shipping involved. I had similar wheels on my Tahoe and they are very nice wheels. I don't think you would have a problem selling them. You may try checking with a local GM dealer and they may want to trade from a vehicle with 20's, it would be a win for them unless you are going aftermarket. I think I would go with 20's, 18's may look a little small on your Yukon. Good luck with the sell.

OP
OP
Philpug

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Phil, check ebay as I have checked there before, I think they go for 2200-2500. You may also want to check craigs list in your area or something similar, at least if you list and sell there it would be a local buyer with no shipping involved. I had similar wheels on my Tahoe and they are very nice wheels. I don't think you would have a problem selling them. You may try checking with a local GM dealer and they may want to trade from a vehicle with 20's, it would be a win for them unless you are going aftermarket. I think I would go with 20's, 18's may look a little small on your Yukon. Good luck with the sell.
What are your thoughts here?
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/wheel-tires-18-or-20.126778/

Both sets are in Denver and I can pick up on the way home.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be interested in your 22's... I've been considering a set of OEM wheels from that platform for my 08 Yukon. Congratulations on the new ride!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14