Finally upgraded my fogs to Rigid D2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Have you had a chance to try the light bar at night? Does it still work well from behind the grill?

If it's a Rigid Bar you'll have no problem... behind the Grill or wherever... Matter of fact i have a buddy who has the previous body style Tahoe with his behind the Grill... it's almost like the Grill isn't there.
Rigid Quality... Expensive hell yes!.. but when you hit that switch you forget about what they Cost.

ComputernerdBD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not to go off on a bit of a tangent but looks really nice, I actually just got the brackets from KD Fabworks and the D-Series hyperspots for the inboard lights, the Midnight Edition combo spot for the outboards. Both appear dark and not really reflective when they are off based on the photos. Would look nice to match with my Midnight Edition Z71 truck. I also got the high beam foglight harness from Gen5DIY and the dual deutch to H16 harness from Starkey but even though they said it works for a PSX26W socket I had to actually cut the keys down in the connector just to get it to fit but I will take it and verified with voltmeter it works....

Lightbar behind grille ironically was also what I was looking to do (dependent on the shutters) as grille guard options are limited to none with skid plate and also the parking sensors but this gives a cleaner look anyway in my personal opinion...

Again both of you - Nice builds, they look almost like they belong there from factory. Those really should be standard on these trucks but we can only dream.....

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
Not to go off on a bit of a tangent but looks really nice, I actually just got the brackets from KD Fabworks and the D-Series hyperspots for the inboard lights, the Midnight Edition combo spot for the outboards. Both appear dark and not really reflective when they are off based on the photos. Would look nice to match with my Midnight Edition Z71 truck. I also got the high beam foglight harness from Gen5DIY and the dual deutch to H16 harness from Starkey but even though they said it works for a PSX26W socket I had to actually cut the keys down in the connector just to get it to fit but I will take it and verified with voltmeter it works....

Lightbar behind grille ironically was also what I was looking to do (dependent on the shutters) as grille guard options are limited to none with skid plate and also the parking sensors but this gives a cleaner look anyway in my personal opinion...

Again both of you - Nice builds, they look almost like they belong there from factory. Those really should be standard on these trucks but we can only dream.....
I had to trim the harnesses from starkey as well. The midnight edition lights are a nice touch for more discreet look. I installed some rigid midnight edition under the rear bumper to function as reverse lights and wired them into the factory reverse lights so they automatically come on. Because the lens is tinted you don’t even notice them from behind unless they are on.

ComputernerdBD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you all have to remove the bumper entirely to get to the fogs or just part of the wheelwell liners? Also got my two sets today. Very bright and clean beams of light but surprised how small the beams are even for those versions.... Maybe saving that issue for combo lightbar with floods to cover that aspect but I am happy with them. Also they are very heavy but I like that, shows quality.