Finally posting a "build" thread. The progression of my stupidity.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RooTBeeRthe1st

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda thought they were. Expensive lights! I’m torn on the bulge they have but I hear they work pretty good.
The bulge actually doesn't look that out of place in person/after you see them for a bit.
But yeah, they're not bad. Think I paid $400 or so.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bulge actually doesn't look that out of place in person/after you see them for a bit.
But yeah, they're not bad. Think I paid $400 or so.
AH, I thought those were closer to a grand. At least they used to be, or do they have different prices/options?

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Threw an Amazon catch an on.
Broke the rear diff.
Bought a 139k 14bolt.
Cleaned up the 14b w/g80 gov bomb, new gasket, saw the parking brake shoes delaminated and fell off.
Backlash is .004... tighter than spec, odd for 139k.
"Normal" amount of metal on the magnets for that many miles(assuming it was never serviced).

The new axle looks good! Got any carnage pics of the 10bolt yet?

OP
OP
RooTBeeRthe1st

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AH, I thought those were closer to a grand. At least they used to be, or do they have different prices/options?
Yeah, these are the halogen projector version.
The led version is expensive...I also don't like the look of them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211220-093749.png
    Screenshot_20211220-093749.png
    679.3 KB · Views: 7

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's much. I still drove it for like 70mi on just the front wheels. We shall see.

The last one I saw in person my buddy broke it on his drive to work trying to slide through an intersection. He finished his long commute there, and back then drove 30 miles to my house. He thought it was the clutch slipping (Its stick swapped) because it would rev up then suddenly engage and take off but also randomly slip and act like the clutch was disengaged for a few seconds here and there. I only have this pic saved but you can kinda see the spiders are basically all gone but I'm assuming it would randomly find two that were mostly intact and engage with them for a little while. I forgot his was actually an Open diff because it was out of an AWD truck but shows how junk the 10b are with or without a G80.

Attachments

• Resized_quicksquarenew_202032323363131 (2).jpeg
    Resized_quicksquarenew_202032323363131 (2).jpeg
    364 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
RooTBeeRthe1st

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last one I saw in person my buddy broke it on his drive to work trying to slide through an intersection. He finished his long commute there, and back then drove 30 miles to my house. He thought it was the clutch slipping (Its stick swapped) because it would rev up then suddenly engage and take off but also randomly slip and act like the clutch was disengaged for a few seconds here and there. I only have this pic saved but you can kinda see the spiders are basically all gone but I'm assuming it would randomly find two that were mostly intact and engage with them for a little while. I forgot his was actually an Open diff because it was out of an AWD truck but shows how junk the 10b are with or without a G80.
I had zero rear drive. The only reason I was able to get it to go anywhere was by putting it into four-wheel drive.

I tried the automatic four-wheel drive at first, but it kept revving up and not going anywhere so it would start to engage the front drive, then it would catch up to speed and disengage and then rev up again and then re-engage the front drive so I figured it's going to hurt something in the front end so I just locked it in four-wheel drive and went about my business.
Front wheel drive V8 6,000 lb SUV. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14