Felix's 2007 Avalanche LTZ 4x4 5.3L Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inlike those lights :)

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Looks good Felix. Like them a lot.. To bad they don't make a style like the Esky ones. But you def need to get the back clads painted and esky 3rd brake light.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good Felix. Like them a lot.. To bad they don't make a style like the Esky ones. But you def need to get the back clads painted and esky 3rd brake light.

Thanks Brent. You have no idea how much that upsets me. The reason I didn't go with the stock oem one's is cause they aren't LED... I think you were the one that originally told me that too lol...

Oh yes all of that will definitely happen. The sail panels i'm still deciding whether I just want to paint the unpainted black plastic or get the actual cladding from a southern comfort kit (850 before paint...). I saw a black avalanche in town with the actual plastics painted and to tell you the truth it kind of looked like shit... so that kind of makes me want to go more the cladding route BUT the issue with that is it's not OEM... and I don't know if it will all work with the Esky EXT third brake light. Another issue is the Escalade third brake light would be different and the Southern Comfort cladding for the third brake light wouldn't match up correctly...

Essentially, I want to replicate the Escalade EXT/2011+ Avalanche LTZ's rear end to the T, with the EXACT sail panels and the esky third brake light but I haven't seen any used parts online so i'm still on the hunt for all of that.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Ooo, those are nice.

Thanks! They look way better than the stock photo I had to work with so I was pleased when I put them in and looked better than expected.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Another sucessful mod;) Lights look good.

Thanks andddd I also added the SMD-LED Reverse Light too... 2 mods in 1 :Handshake:

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
along the lines of the sails talk...... What is the feasibility of swapping over the sails and third brake light over from an EXT?

Jimmyp19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The swap would be a perfect fit, they are just really hard to find and when they are around they are crazy priced ford what they are.....

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
along the lines of the sails talk...... What is the feasibility of swapping over the sails and third brake light over from an EXT?

Ideally, that is what I want done. I just haven't seen any for sale yet... guess i'm just not searching hard enough but they are literally no where to be found. Avalanche LTZ's for 2011 just got the Escalade EXT painted/color-matched sail panels and third brake light so there aren't any used ones around... and I can't see why anyone with a 2007-2011 Esky EXT would ever take those parts off and I guess they just don't have that many around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900