Feels like I am driving over rumble strips.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some driveshaft have weights on them and yes they can fall off. curiosity, do it on low speed high-speed taken your foot off the gas put your foot on the gas dod you check the tires?have then balanced?

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels are fine. Actually just swapped tires today. Balanced, same problem.
It make the entire truck shake. I feel it might be the drive shaft. I was going to tow our boat 300 miles Labor Day weekend prior to handing it back in.
I think I may use the Jeep instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shadow, have you thought about having the TSB done which should be a re-program of the tranny and a fluid change just to see what it does. I have seen this issue described on this and other forums by different descriptions from the owners including rumble strips and believe it or not the TSB actually works.

CruiseGuy24

Reaction score
I had this issue and it was the torque converter. The flush did not help.

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking I might be better off just washing it up and handing it back in. Let them figure it out.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wheels are fine. Actually just swapped tires today. Balanced, same problem.
It make the entire truck shake. I feel it might be the drive shaft. I was going to tow our boat 300 miles Labor Day weekend prior to handing it back in.
I think I may use the Jeep instead.

I know the k2 platform is ridiculous with these vibrations but if you truly feel its the driveshaft, look around your area for guys that balance them, not shops, just guys that only do that. Yank yours out, takes 10 minutes, drop it off to the guy let him balance it and go. $100 the most, maybe a little more. A bunch of years ago I had a vibration that started out of no where on my 01, tires were good, trans was fine.... i had the wheels balanced 3-4x, checked and went over everything...even replaced ujoints. When i had driveshaft out there was an area on it that looked shiny as if something was there but fell off or got scraped off, rusted off, whatever...i put it back in but still had vibration. i said f it, called a guy, yanked the shaft again, dropped it off to him 2 days later i was back in business... no vibration. If you truly feel thats it.

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20180819_160001.jpg 20180819_160001.jpg 20180819_160001.jpg 20180819_160001.jpg 20180819_160102.jpg
So I still have my Denali for one more month and am using it for odd and end jobs.
The thing I noticed over the post several months, which is getting predominantly worse, is it feels like I am driving over rumble strips. Like the ones they have in the middle of the road to keep you from crossing the yellow line.

I know it is not the AFM, because it did it during my TCM tune with AFM turned off. And it does it when in manual 7 mode now without the tune.

Could this be the driveshaft vibration I have read about? I would hate for the tranny to go down right before lease end. However with the powertrain warranty, I am assuming this wouldn't be my problem if it did. ???
Is the shake all the time? Or at diffrent speeds or just around one speed? Check everything the guys already said, i would also check your rims /wheels ! You might have kicked (lost/ fell off) your wheel balance weights. Maybe ripped the cables inside the tire causing a bump!?!? If you got some cheap tires from china, just saying if you did ! Cuz i did, the tire will split the middle! Not visual unless tire is removed. It splits inside . You can tell from checking outside too, well make a really good guess. The tire is in the shape of a "M", like if you put a strap / chain around the middle of the tread and filled too much.the first one is new and the second is split. So many! Sorry suturing on the same pic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know not everyone reads through all the posts.
It’s a leased truck going back Sept 11. So I don’t want to spend any money on it. It vibrates as it settles at a speed. Not during acceleration or deceleration. You would almost think it’s the AFM. But it does it in manual 7.
Giving it gas gets rid of it until I settle back to a constant speed.
My main concern is if I should continue driving it. I don’t want a timebomb going off. But I was going to use it to tow our boat 300 miles Labor Day weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I just exchanged Nitto tires with someone. So everything is balanced and good to go. No difference, still vibrating.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I know not everyone reads through all the posts.
It’s a leased truck going back Sept 11. So I don’t want to spend any money on it. It vibrates as it settles at a speed. Not during acceleration or deceleration. You would almost think it’s the AFM. But it does it in manual 7.
Giving it gas gets rid of it until I settle back to a constant speed.
My main concern is if I should continue driving it. I don’t want a timebomb going off. But I was going to use it to tow our boat 300 miles Labor Day weekend.

I'd park it and leave it. Use the Jeep to tow the boat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019