"Fastburns" on 5.7 Vortec gets you benifits of Gen II engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read in forum at thumpertalk.com that you can:
"bolt on a set of "fastburns" which are the raised runner design on an old motor and go to comp cams to get the firing order swap cam and run a reverse flow water pump and you get all the goodies from the new designs in an old 350 block"

Wha? Is this true? Anyone here done this or seen it done before?

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fastburns are a raised runner head but so are stock Vortec heads. The Fastburns also have D- shaped exhaust ports so a different header is also required.

Firing order swap is a waste of time on a street motor, most of the time guys who do that are trying to squeeze every last bit out of an engine.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can just bolt a reverse flow pump on and go, it's not as simple as that.

I think you can run the same header, you can't run a D port on a regular head from what I recall ... it's been a while since I've looked into this. I may be wrong ... it's been known to happen. LOL

LT1s had the same firing order as a conventional small block ... as for the swap on a street vehicle I doubt it's worth it. It will run and idle smoother that's about it. :D

OP
OP
gulleyman

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy on the GMT400 forum told me about another forum called LS1Truck, dug around on there for hours :sleepy10: found out that swapping the newer LS1 motors (even 6 and 8ltr engines) is not as rare as I first thought. In fact there's a guy in there that owns a well known performance shop near to me called Nelson Performance that does swaps all day long...gonna dig a little deeper into a swap for sure! Thanks for the feedback guys :D

Nikolai553

Reaction score
A guy on the GMT400 forum told me about another forum called LS1Truck, dug around on there for hours :sleepy10: found out that swapping the newer LS1 motors (even 6 and 8ltr engines) is not as rare as I first thought. In fact there's a guy in there that owns a well known performance shop near to me called Nelson Performance that does swaps all day long...gonna dig a little deeper into a swap for sure! Thanks for the feedback guys :D

If this is the same Nelson that owned a highly modified 3000gt drag car, then I dont recommend him. ( he's over priced and abit pathedic in my book )

But if not then nevermind :gayflag:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb

Latest posts