Factory door speakers blown now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DESSKI

Reaction score
My stereo is all original equipment and within the last year I've notice the passenger door speakers sounds blown out. I'd like to replace it with the factory one but don't wanna spend $70 for a new one.

Has anyone replaced one? I'm open to aftermarket speakers that will bolt on directly without any modifications.

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in the same boat my rear door speakers are blown and front speakers go in and out sometimes.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Replace the oe junk with dome good quality ones. When mine went. I changed to aplines type s and they are sooo much better and cleaner sound.

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the oe junk with dome good quality ones. When mine went. I changed to aplines type s and they are sooo much better and cleaner sound.

Yup, for what you'd have in 1 factory speaker that won't sound great and will end up doing the same as what you had, you can buy aftermarket replacements that will sound much better and last longer.

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
Can you replace the front speakers by just removing the grill or do I have to take the whole door panel off. My front speakers are crackiling really bad and its to the point where I have to listen to my music at the lowest of volumes lolz.

magicbus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you replace the front speakers by just removing the grill or do I have to take the whole door panel off. My front speakers are crackiling really bad and its to the point where I have to listen to my music at the lowest of volumes lolz.

Must remove panel, not hard at all.

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
Ok so I remove old gm clip on speakers.Then to mount my new 6.5 Jbl's I just use a 1/8 inch drill bit and make the holes for the new speakers using the holes as a guide for where to drill.Then To fasten the speakers im going to use 1/8 inch self tapping screw.Does this sound right?

Last edited:

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If screws are self tapping then no need to drill holes

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo