Factory door speakers blown now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
self tapping screws is the only way to mount them tho correct? Forgive my stupidity I landscape and dont know much about this stuff lol

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was mistaken a lil, since you are drilling into the metal then those pilot holes will be fine

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
Cool, I cant wait to get those speakers out man they sound terrible. Thanks for the help broseph

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to drill. Metra makes Gm speaker rings that clip into the original snaps.

davidmnix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So will aftermarket speakers work with Bose amp I'm lost

Yep... I'd go with something like the infinity Reference series. Don't go with something too high-end, though. Your factory amp won't have enough juice and they'll start to distort at low volumes. Unless you're going with a nice aftermarket amp, lower-end to mid-grade aftermarket speakers will actually give you better sound performance than the super high-end stuff.

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
I know I just got lazy when I figured out I could turn the one speaker off with my aftermarket headunit lol now I might not have loud music but at least no crackles past 1/4 volume. Really im waiting for it to warm up outside!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tatheho