Extra fuel tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, please tell me, has anyone put an oversized fuel tank? On GMC Yukon XL 21+? A couple of times I came across information that there seems to be a tank for 36 gallons. But I couldn't find him. If anyone has any links, please give it.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, previous generations of the Yukon/Tahoe/Silverado had a larger fuel tank as a factory option but this is no longer the case.

I have even noticed that some of the other manufacturers seem to be quietly discontinuing their larger fuel tank options.

OP
OP
Vladimir2306

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, previous generations of the Yukon/Tahoe/Silverado had a larger fuel tank as a factory option but this is no longer the case.

I have even noticed that some of the other manufacturers seem to be quietly discontinuing their larger fuel tank options.
Yes, that's right. On previous generations, the tank was larger. Silverado has it easier. There is an enlarged tank of up to 40 and even up to 45 gallons of the Titan company. But I haven't found such a tank in the Yukon

EducatorDan

Reaction score
Yes, that's right. On previous generations, the tank was larger. Silverado has it easier. There is an enlarged tank of up to 40 and even up to 45 gallons of the Titan company. But I haven't found such a tank in the Yukon
Ford and RAM had 36 gallon factory tank options for the 1/2 ton trucks but I'm not seeing them listed on their "build and price" tools anymore. As far as larger aftermarket tanks for the gas versions the searching I do online usually turns up in a dead end and I saw something on another forum or one of the manufacturers of such tanks (can't remember) stating that due to tightening regulations its almost impossible to make an aftermarket tank for the gas models that comply with government regulations.

OP
OP
Vladimir2306

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford and RAM had 36 gallon factory tank options for the 1/2 ton trucks but I'm not seeing them listed on their "build and price" tools anymore. As far as larger aftermarket tanks for the gas versions the searching I do online usually turns up in a dead end and I saw something on another forum or one of the manufacturers of such tanks (can't remember) stating that due to tightening regulations its almost impossible to make an aftermarket tank for the gas models that comply with government regulations.
In the USA, they changed the legislation and prohibited the installation of non-standard tanks of larger volume? Yes, I noticed that larger tanks are only available for diesel cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978

Latest posts