extra fog light panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pfennig_san

Reaction score
My 2016 LT has factory fog lights. But, between those fog lights there appears to be 2 removable panels on the lower bumper that are about the size of fog lights. If I didn't already have fog lights, I would guess those panels are covering the place where optional fog lights would go.

I don't recall seeing any pictures of these trucks with something in the place of those panels. What is with those panels?

This is just a stock picture but its easy to see the panels between the fog lights from this angle.
http://image.trucktrend.com/f/58742826+re0+ar0+st0/2015-chevrolet-tahoe-grill-view.jpg

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My 2016 LT has factory fog lights. But, between those fog lights there appears to be 2 removable panels on the lower bumper that are about the size of fog lights. If I didn't already have fog lights, I would guess those panels are covering the place where optional fog lights would go.

I don't recall seeing any pictures of these trucks with something in the place of those panels. What is with those panels?

This is just a stock picture but its easy to see the panels between the fog lights from this angle.
http://image.trucktrend.com/f/58742826+re0+ar0+st0/2015-chevrolet-tahoe-grill-view.jpg

Probably for tow hooks.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's for where the tow hooks would go, however they aren't removable. You need a new panel in order to install the tow hooks.

OP
OP
pfennig_san

pfennig_san

Reaction score
Yes, it's for where the tow hooks would go, however they aren't removable. You need a new panel in order to install the tow hooks.
Appreciate the answers but why would they make it look like separate dummy panels across the front if its all one piece? Anybody got a picture of tow hooks or anything else installed there?

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the answers but why would they make it look like separate dummy panels across the front if its all one piece? Anybody got a picture of tow hooks or anything else installed there?

Not sure on the reasoning for it. I agree, seems silly to have done so. Here is a few pics of after I installed the tow hooks.

IMG_4627.JPG IMG_4628.JPG IMG_8225.JPG

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

You havent owned a gm vehicle for very long, have you? Lololol.....GM does many stupid, f'd up things......just gotta get used to their 'engineering'....lmao

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
You havent owned a gm vehicle for very long, have you? Lololol.....GM does many stupid, f'd up things......just gotta get used to their 'engineering'....lmao

I'm thinking they got rid of all their top notch HIGH paid engineers when Obama bailed them out. Now they got the ones that graduated at the lower end of their classes! to save money. IDK but it might make sense. Gm isn't what it was back in the 70's and 80"s Just my honest opinion.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I'm thinking they got rid of all their top notch HIGH paid engineers when Obama bailed them out. Now they got the ones that graduated at the lower end of their classes! to save money. IDK but it might make sense. Gm isn't what it was back in the 70's and 80"s Just my honest opinion.

Just like most fields, their job is to save cost through design. They all get paid to design stuff they never have to touch /work on. Just like a kitchen designer draws recessed lights wherever they damn well please and then get mad when you say, "um, there's a joist right there...."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269