Exhaust Question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have very little knowledge when it comes to exhaust systems but I am trying to get a new setup for my birthday. I want something that is loud but not overly obnoxious. Can you guys throw some ideas out to me. Thanks!

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just look at a bunch of videos on youtube to see what you like. Magnaflow flowmaster and corsa are three of the more popular mufflers around here.

Some people just have a new muffler welded in place of the stock one or get a cat back and install it yourself or get a custom catback at a good exhaust shop.

If you`re from the rust belt make sure to go with a stainless muffler and pipes. My last exhaust was a flowmaster DIY cat back and it rusted out in about two and a half years. That`s why i went with the stainless custom bent system this time.

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I'm hoping to get it done in the next couple of weeks.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id just replace the stock muffler with a blowmaster or super 40 or something along those lines
borla is extremely expensive for yer entry level weekend modder

i went a little crazy when i did the exhuast on my 02 tahoe i did long tube headers catless y pipe
blowmaster super 10 muffler (wich hardley qualifys as a muffler)
and it was like rediculously loud like my neighbor owned a 67 AC cobra with a 428 and my thaoe would rival that

jough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replace the factory muffler. I prefer more flow instead of more noise.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's recommended inlet size for an exhaust tip for our Tahoe?

02DFWTahoe

Reaction score
Go with a magnaflow. Check YouTube videos and find something you like. Here's a good video to get you started on your understanding of exhaust systems:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978