02 Denali 6.0 exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtrite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Let’s hear some exhaust options. I have shorty headers and no cats. The stock muffler is on so it’s very quiet. My other truck is very loud and has borla atak but I’d like to keep the yukon a little more mellow. Mine is a 6.0

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an MBRP system, but I still have cats. It is nice and rumbly without droning. Your neighbors may cease liking you, though.

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cats quiet down the exhaust quite a bit. Since you no longer have them and have headers your exhaust is going to be loud with any performance muffler. I’d leave the stock muffler but if you want more sound and increased flow you could do any aftermarket muffler, Dynomax, Flowmaster, Magnaflow.

My 03 burb with 5.3 stock manifolds, stock cats, and stock exhaust was way too quiet so I chopped off the stock muffler and put on a large magnaflow. Sounded great for a few weeks until I got tired of the drone from 1.8k - 3.5k rpm. I added a vibrant ultra quiet resonator and it’s perfect now.

Of course it’s up to you how loud you want your exhaust to sound but the drone is worse in the rear seats vs the driver seat.

I have some exhaust clips and the part numbers for muffler and resonator on my YouTube channel in my signature.

OP
OP
B

Bigtrite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cats quiet down the exhaust quite a bit. Since you no longer have them and have headers your exhaust is going to be loud with any performance muffler. I’d leave the stock muffler but if you want more sound and increased flow you could do any aftermarket muffler, Dynomax, Flowmaster, Magnaflow.

My 03 burb with 5.3 stock manifolds, stock cats, and stock exhaust was way too quiet so I chopped off the stock muffler and put on a large magnaflow. Sounded great for a few weeks until I got tired of the drone from 1.8k - 3.5k rpm. I added a vibrant ultra quiet resonator and it’s perfect now.

Of course it’s up to you how loud you want your exhaust to sound but the drone is worse in the rear seats vs the driver seat.

I have some exhaust clips and the part numbers for muffler and resonator on my YouTube channel in my signature.
I’ll have to check out your channel! My other truck is crazy loud so I don’t want the yukon to be super loud but a nice deep tone would be good. Unfortunately the last owner deleted the cats and put the headers on.

OP
OP
B

Bigtrite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an MBRP system, but I still have cats. It is nice and rumbly without droning. Your neighbors may cease liking you, though.
My neighbors are used to it because of my other truck lol I don’t want to yukon to be as loud as my other truck but unfortunately the last owner put the headers on and deleted the cats. I might have to add an x pipe or something to try and tone it down if it’s going to be super loud. I’m a big borla fan so maybe a muffler from them that’s bigger like the pro XS or something a lot more tame than the atak

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't think my exhaust was particularly loud, myself. Just nice and throaty. But my wife begs to differ. :(

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighbors are used to it because of my other truck lol I don’t want to yukon to be as loud as my other truck but unfortunately the last owner put the headers on and deleted the cats. I might have to add an x pipe or something to try and tone it down if it’s going to be super loud. I’m a big borla fan so maybe a muffler from them that’s bigger like the pro XS or something a lot more tame than the atak
I put on the biggest magnaflow I could find in a center in dual out config. 12588 22in body 28” overall length. It was noticeably louder than the stock super quiet muffler but after a few hundred miles the magnaflow broke in and I was getting tired of the drone. I’m driving a big rectangular box with aerodynamics of a brick so that doesn’t help quiet exhaust noise. and it’s never going to be fast lol. I ended up adding a vibrant 1141 ultra quiet resonator and it’s just right noise wise now. Quiet at idle and highway cruise but when your on it more than half throttle around town or highway it sounds like a proper v8. Not loud enough to annoy neighbors or announce your arrival. This is with stock manifolds and catalytic converters. With your headers and no cats I’d just keep the stock muffler or if you go performance muffler, add resonators too unless you and the occupants want to hear the v8 loud and proud all the time.

If you can upload some video clips before and after here or YouTube.

Cheers

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 97 k1500 Silverado with 350 5.7 has shorty headers, larger head pipe and flowmaster high flow cats. True dual exhaust with large 24” body dual in / out flowmaster muffler. Don’t know part number. That truck sounds great. No drone and not obnoxious. I think the small cab of a truck helps cancel some drone unlike a huge rectangle box like a Tahoe or suburban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar